    connections for me? To they have like a locking mount for that? ( by
    locking, I mean like with a spring loaded mechanism that would lock it
    down in place securely, not a key lock or anything. )

    Big Mama Bear, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Big Mama Bear

    Whiskers Guest

    There are GPS receivers that can be given a route or routes to follow;
    they are much easier to fit into a car - many have purpose-made clip-in
    brackets which can be screwed to the dash-board or suckered to the
    windscreen. I'm sure you could find one that can be 'programmed' from
    your computer for a particular trip or a day's deliveries or whatever it
    is you are trying to do.

    Some PDAs or 'pocket computers' can have a GPS receiver 'card' fited to
    them, and there may be suitable brackets or clamps for attaching them to
    the inside of a car.

    Why do you want to use a laptop in the car?

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Big Mama Bear

    doS Guest

    dell axim x51v
    is a great choice.

    doS, Mar 26, 2007
  4. I think we've been over this before. None of them yet can import large
    address lists from spreadsheets.
    Because the GPS units can't yet import.

    Big Mama Bear, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Big Mama Bear

    Meat Plow Guest

    Buy a TomTom GPS. You can program routes via your desktop PC.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet
    #1 Bartlo Pset March 13-24 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Big Mama Bear

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What? yes they can, they take SD cards now. Your spreadsheet surely is not
    that big. I have the whole USA programmed in mine with a 500meg SD card.

    pcbutts1, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Big Mama Bear

    Whiskers Guest

    I doubt if any GPS receiver will ever be able to import spreadsheets as
    such; but you can use mapping software on your computer to set up 'way
    points' and 'routes' which can then be loaded into a GPS receiver. Or you
    can 'import' a set of locations (way points, addresses, whatever your
    system calls them) or enter them directly, and let the GPS receiver
    calculate a route for you.

    In practice, a good paper streetmap often works at least as well; and they
    don't get confused when you get too close to trees or large buildings.

    Whiskers, Mar 27, 2007
  8. Big Mama Bear

    Frosty Guest

    The best kind of PC for the car is one that's left home.

    Frosty, Mar 28, 2007
  9. Big Mama Bear

    rawebadvert Guest

    If you get a small very small laptop then there are some pacakages
    you
    can buy to add GPS capacity to the laptop. With wireless through a
    wrireless card from sprint or cinguler then you can download
    spreadsheets when ever you want. A little on the expensive side.
    There are also some pda cellphones that can do the same that might be
    more practical. Does it have to have spreadsheets? Lot's of
    standalone
    GPS devices if not.

    rawebadvert, Mar 28, 2007
  10. Big Mama Bear