    size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.

    http://jordynshellhart.com/music.htm

    Thanks

    Doc, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Doc

    Rebecca Guest

    Stupid Idiot.

    Rebecca, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Doc

    beamish9 Guest

    Hello,
    This maybe what is called "streaming audio", not being stored on your
    unit.
    The player being used on the site: Wimpy Player v 5.3.8
    With the proper software you can download "streaming audio".
    Use a search engine to find an application to record "streaming
    audio".

    take care.
    beamish.

    beamish9, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Doc

    Bob I Guest

    1. That's redundant.
    2. And your humble is on par with your godlike.

    Bob I, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Doc

    Mike Easter Guest

    Newsgroups trimmed. Read in 24hshd, replied in 24hshd

    Doc wrote:
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, alt.os.windows-xp,
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, rec.audio.pro

    Why do googlegroupers think their questions are so important or so
    complicated that they have to post everything they ask to so many
    different groups? There are lots of problems with such crossposting.
    You should find one group which is appropriate for your question and ask
    it there, not all over the place.

    The other problem with such crossposting is that many people will filter
    out all such crosspostings; and many newsservers will filter out
    anything a googlegrouper sez which is so crossposted. As a result, a
    lot less people will see your question to answer it when you crosspost
    rambunctiously and irresponsibly. Just because a question /could/ be
    asked in any number of groups doesn't mean it /should/ be asked in more
    than one. It should be asked only in the 'best' one, considering the
    question and considering what you know about the participants in a
    group.
    You can find the files you've played on your system by searching the
    Temporary Internet Files for the .mp3
    You can find where the website's files are stored in this case by
    looking at the source and finding the files named .mp3.

    Mike Easter, Aug 23, 2007
  6. Doc

    dobey Guest

    Maybe they think it is scantily clad spam?

    dobey, Aug 23, 2007
  7. Doc

    muzician21 Guest

    Well, at least one reason is that there are miserable, anal retentive
    asshats like you.

    "Because it annoys Mike Easter" isn't a problem.

    Getting it in front of numerous eyes in newsgroups where it's logical
    to think folks will have some knowledge in the subject is an obvious
    and perfectly valid reason. Crossposting was incorporated as part of
    the functionality of Google groups, which trumps your pissiness. It's
    also made possible for some groups to exclude crossposting, so one
    makes sure they don't attempt to crosspost to such a group.

    If you had actually read and comprehended the OP's statement - I know,
    that's expecting a lot of you - they already did that and found no
    such files.

    And just to emphasize the impotence of your efforts and generally piss
    you off, I've added them back in. Please have a stroke over it.

    DIPSHIT

    muzician21, Aug 23, 2007
  8. Doc

    Doc Guest

    No, it must be stored somewhere on the computer. There's a long
    download process on the first pass - again, I'm o 56k dialup - but
    immediate playback any other time.

    I don't find them as .mp3's which makes me think they must be some
    other kind of file, perhaps native to the player? But I would think
    they're going to be around the same size as .mp3s.

    Doc, Aug 23, 2007
  9. Doc

    Mike Easter Guest

    Here I am talking to another crossposting googlegrouper. Why don't I
    listed to Blinky?

    He was wrong. And you are wrong too. I listened to the .mp3/s. They
    were in my temp files as I described correctly. You apparently did not
    research your answer adequately because you were too busy thinking about
    something else to whine about.

    Mike Easter, Aug 23, 2007
  10. Doc

    dadiOH Guest

    As another poster said, they are stored in "temporary internet files".
    Size and quality may vary according to the speed of your
    connection...with my broadband they are 160 kbps. With your dial up
    they may be - but not necessarily are - lower in kbps so that the
    downloading speed can keep up with or surpass the playing.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 23, 2007
  11. Doc

    Scott Dorsey Guest

    I have NO idea why this is crossposted to rec.audio.pro, but going to
    the "view source" function in your browser will tell you all you want
    to know and probably more.
    --scott

    Scott Dorsey, Aug 23, 2007
  12. Doc

    Mike Easter Guest

    Do you have your hidden files viewing enabled? I can see the mp3s that
    play from that site in my temp internet files.

    If you are crossposting to 24hshd and you aren't reading here, then I
    guess you don't know what is going on. ToobadSosad.

    Mike Easter, Aug 23, 2007
  13. Doc

    Tester Guest

    You might try:

    1) URL Snooper (includes WinPCap) - this is a kind of packet sniffer
    which tells which files your computer is asking for

    2) If you're using Firefox, and maybe Mozilla/Netscape there's an
    Unplug addon which shows media file links on a page.

    3) If you're using IE under XP, the browser cache is usually at

    "C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Local Settings\Temporary
    Internet Files\Content.IE5" and then there are directories below there
    and the files have their online name or something very similar.

    Firefox/Netscape caches are more complicated to search because the
    files have different names.

    I believe there are cache explorer programs for both browsers.

    Tester, Aug 23, 2007
  14. Doc

    Vanguard Guest

    in message

    Note: Unrelated newsgroups removed from reply. Newsgroups changed
    from:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    alt.os.windows-xp
    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    rec.audio.pro
    to:
    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Wrong. Regardless of your claim, there is no requirement that the
    audio file be on your host. You keep making claims and then exposing
    that you haven't a clue how you are receiving the audio or from where
    you are playing it. You downloaded the pointer file which tells your
    browser where to find the audio content. The configuration of
    whatever player you defined to play the audio type is buffering the
    streamed audio (i.e., it downloads some of the data stream before
    beginning play mode).
    Which further proves you are retrieving streaming audio. Go read:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_audio

    Streaming is one method used to keep users like yourself from stealing
    content. It can be bypassed by recording the data stream at the
    client end.

    Vanguard, Aug 23, 2007
  15. Doc

    Daave Guest

    Keerect!

    And to OP:

    The reason you can't see them is that you need to be able to view hidden
    files:

    Right-click Start > Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View > Files and
    Folders > Hidden Files and Folders > check Show Hidden Files and Folders

    Daave, Aug 23, 2007
  16. Doc

    Daave Guest

    He's not clueless. He has correctly concluded that since he's on dialup
    and "[t]here's a long download process on the first pass," it's probably
    *not* an instance of streaming. And if you would visit the Web site (
    http://jordynshellhart.com/music.htm ), you would see this is true.
    Interesting theory, but not supported by the facts.
    It does nothing of the kind! A better theory would be that OP has
    disabled the showing of hidden files and folders.
    Stealing is a rather strong term!
    It's also possible to download streaming content.

    Daave, Aug 23, 2007
  17. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Because it seems reasonable to theorize that people who do audio
    production might have some experience with internet audio issues. Feel
    complimented - I give you credit for likely having a broad base of
    experience.

    Well, under this heading

    <!-- START WIMPY PLAYER CODE -->

    I find what appear to be .mp3 titles

    http://www.jordynshellhart.com/musi...ww.jordynshellhart.com/music/08 Only Hope.mp3"
    />

    But don't find any of these by doing a search using *.mp3 on my C
    drive, nor under any of the titles listed.

    Doc, Aug 23, 2007
  18. Search on Windows Explorer doesn't necessarily search EVERY
    directory on the drive, especially special Windows directories
    such as caches like this.

    Richard Crowley, Aug 23, 2007
  19. Doc

    Doc Guest

    I appreciate the input but that's how it's already set.

    Doc, Aug 23, 2007
  20. Doc

    caver1 Guest

    When you do a search you have to tell it to search hidden fileseven if
    you have the folder options to show hidden files.
    caver1

    caver1, Aug 23, 2007