What is your favourite one season TV show?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tom McCafferty, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. ..

    Tom McCafferty, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Tom McCafferty

    Dale Hicks Guest

    Without stopping to think about it, "Firefly" is screaming out in my
    head as the answer since I'm fresh off of being converted. If I stopped
    to think, I might come up with "Police Squad" or something of that ilk.

    But sitting back and looking, "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." has
    to be the correct answer. But "Firefly" ain't far behind. It's pretty
    shiny.

    I wonder what I'm forgetting.

    ObAVDVD: Bring Brisco to DVD!

    Dale Hicks, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Tom McCafferty

    zmike6 Guest

    Tough one, but off the top of my head, I really wanted to see more of
    "The Oblongs".

    zmike6, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Tom McCafferty

    Galley Guest

    Firefly, without a doubt.

    Galley, Oct 2, 2004
  5. Tom McCafferty

    TB Guest

    "Brisco County"
    or
    "Action!"

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 2, 2004
  6. Tom McCafferty

    Gilgamesh Guest

    Struck By Lightening

    Gilgamesh, Oct 2, 2004
  7. Tom McCafferty

    napalm68 Guest

    I'd go with Brisco County

    Followed by American Gothic

    napalm68, Oct 2, 2004
  8. Tom McCafferty

    Giovanni Guest

    None of the ones already mentioned made it to Dutch TV I guess, never
    seen them (maybe Police Squad). Of the US shows that did, I'd say "The
    Powers That Be" and "Freaks and Geeks".

    Giovanni, Oct 2, 2004
  9. Tom McCafferty

    Bill Guest

    Probably "My World and Welcome to It." It aired on NBC during the 69-70
    season, and starred William Windom as a cartoonist whose drawings were
    frequently brought to life in daydreams. All of the cartoons in the series
    were actually the work of cartoonist James Thurber.

    "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" would have to be a close second, though I still
    prefer the TV movies that inspired the series.

    Bill, Oct 2, 2004
  10. Tom McCafferty

    Owl Jolson Guest

    Jonny Quest

    Owl Jolson, Oct 2, 2004
  11. Tom McCafferty

    Paulston Guest

    Fastlane

    Paulston, Oct 2, 2004
  12. Kolchak: the Nightstalker! (please come to dvd).

    Of course, there was that very brief (inspired from a TV movie)...the Brady
    Brides.

    Another was a series about a minor league baseball team (was in the '80's and
    starred Bernie Casey).

    Thursdaynighters, Oct 2, 2004
  13. Tom McCafferty

    Scallion Guest

    The Prisoner
    Action
    Police Squad
    Battlestar Galactica
    Quark

    Scallion, Oct 2, 2004
  14. Tom McCafferty

    Steve K. Guest

    The Tick.

    Steve K., Oct 2, 2004
  15. Tom McCafferty

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Lots of the choices already given would make my final list: Firefly,
    Kolchak, My world..., and Brisco, but I'd at least like to nominate the
    half season series "The Lone Gunman"

    dick
    -- I'm still waiting for the season finale cliffhanger to be resolved.

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 2, 2004
  16. Tom McCafferty

    Mac Breck Guest

    1. Brimstone (FOX, 1998-1999).

    Tied for 2nd:
    -------------------
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. (1993-1994)

    Crusade (TNT, 1999)

    John Doe (FOX, 2002-2003)

    The Ellen Show (CBS, 2001-2002)

    Firefly (FOX, 2002)

    Keen Eddie (FOX, 2003)

    Peacemakers (USA, 2003)

    Special Unit 2 (UPN, 2001-2002), "technically" two seasons,
    but had only 19 episodes total (S1: 6, S2: 13), so I'm
    counting it.

    Strange Luck (FOX, 1995-1996)

    The Tick (FOX, 2001-2002)

    Wonderfalls (FOX, 2004)

    Mac Breck, Oct 2, 2004
  17. Absolutely! the most literate comedy ever to air on American
    television. Has it ever been seen since? I'd give anything to revisit
    that series. I had heard a rumour that"My World" had not been properly
    preserved and some of the colour negatives were missing and prints had
    deteriorated. I hope not! I'd welcome a full-series DVD set of this
    one.
    Also quite good.

    Another fine one-season series from 1966 was "Hawk" with Burt Reynolds
    as a Native-American detective. That's been running on a local
    channel and the colour is gorgeous!

    Two more for the pot; "It's About Time," ("- It's about Space, It's
    about a Faraway Long-ago Place...") an atrocious comedy about cavemen
    being visited from the future, then they go back to the modern world
    of the 60's. I still remember some of the scenes line for line though
    I haven't seen it since it aired in first run.

    And "My Living Doll" with Julie Newmeyer (Newmar) which actually is a
    season and a half I think and has run in syndication ocassionally.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 2, 2004
  18. COP ROCK

    And I don't know why it hasn't come to DVD.

    Chuck

    Charles Eggen, Oct 2, 2004
  19. Total Recall 2070

    John339077353, Oct 2, 2004