    looking to hook in, or is it something else?

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Steve Freides

    °Mike° Guest

    Win32SL.exe
    http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_w.htm

    "Dell’s OpenManage DMI Service Layer. This service
    contains a collection of motherboard related MIFs
    installed on the PC and allows OpenManage modules
    to access them.

    Recommendation :
    If you use Dell’s OpenManage software, you need this
    service running, otherwise you can disable it..."

    °Mike°, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Interesting - the computer in question is a Compaq, not a Dell.

    Would "disable" be to remove or rename win32sl.exe?

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    That's all incoming and none from any vendor site using the DMI
    application?
    <snip>

    One of your customers having a problem :)

    BTW you may want to fix a few things on the (fridayscomputer) webpage,
    see
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.fridayscomputer.com/
    Errors: 14 This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!

    The HTML 4.0 DTD is way out of date.

    Me

    why?, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Steve Freides

    °Mike° Guest

    Use Startup Control Panel and disable it.
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jun 3, 2004
  6. The Friday's Computer web site isn't one we pay any attention to -
    thanks for the heads up but, since we haven't changed it in years, we
    aren't likely to do anything about it any time soon.

    Yes, it's all incoming.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 3, 2004
  7. OK, I downloaded and installed this control panel, but I don't see any
    reference to win32sl.exe. The file does, in fact, exist in the location
    that my firewall refers to it.

    Any more ideas?

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 3, 2004
  8. More info - I found a few CPQ-DMI-type things that were running on
    startup, so I disabled those since they were in the same folder as the
    offending win32sl.exe - we'll see if that fixes the problem.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 3, 2004