    Card?)

    TIA
    Andy

    Dalesgate, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Dalesgate

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...
    I don't know the 2000; but doesn't the C in the model name
    mean it has an electronic viewfinder?

    If so, then your comment about setting it makes me wonder if
    both the lcd and the vf are too dim.

    And from all that (don't hit me :) I wonder if you haven't
    somehow set the brightness waaaay to low yourelf?

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Dalesgate

    Linda_N Guest

    The camera was discontinued back in 2001. It was first announced in 1999
    (July). I suppose you are lucky it is only the LCD that is burning out. If I
    were you I would give it to some kid from a low income family who would
    never have one otherwise. Else, you might get $20 - $50 for it on Ebay, any
    more than that and conscience should be kicking in.

    Linda.

    Linda_N, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Dalesgate

    Charlie Self Guest

    Linda N responds:
    Only one listed on ebay. Fairly new, still has 6 days left, with a bid of 1 GBP
    or $1.84.

    Reserve not met.

    Charlie Self
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other
    way." Mark Twain

    Charlie Self, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Dalesgate

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Just a further thought; if you do decide to sell it
    senf me an email. I still have a couple of
    grandkids left who don't yet have digital cameras :)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Feb 6, 2004
  6. Dalesgate

    Tony Rae Guest

    The C stands for Camedia and many Olympus cameras are called such,
    even those with optical viewfinders, such as the Camedia C-50 etc.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc2000z/

    Tony Rae, Feb 7, 2004
  7. Dalesgate

    Linda_N Guest

    Wow, and I was thinking $50 was too much to ask for a used, discontinued
    camera with some malfunction. Just for fun I checked to see how that auction
    is going. The Buy Now price is $150! 5 days left and no bids so far, opening
    bid is $99.00...geee wiz if anyone bids they deserve what they get for not
    researching the options.

    Linda.

    Linda_N, Feb 8, 2004
  8. Dalesgate

    Evan Platt Guest

    According to a completed auction search on ebay:

    129.97 (with 3 32 megs, 1 16, 4 NiMh's, charger, USB Reader)
    129.50 (extra memory)
    52.00 ("For Parts")
    93 (32 megs, 4 NiMh's & charger)
    149
    125 (32 & 128 meg card)

    So, assuming you only have the 8 meg card, no batteries, I'd say you'd
    be LUCKY to get $75 - especially with the screen as it is.

    :(

    Evan
    To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.

    Evan Platt, Feb 9, 2004