What is this laptop worth?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim & Lil, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    I know I am really feeding myself to the wolves here as I know enough
    about 'puters to get me into a lot of trouble...I'm the guy that's over
    40...so again...take it easy on me...

    I have a Compaq Presario 1200 in Canada...It's has Windows Melenium,
    has a Intel Celeron Processor, 124 MB of ram, DVD/CD drive... Floppy
    drive...I have an Ethernet card with original software + manual for the unit
    (not installed...I usually used dial up when I was on the road with it).
    I took the 'puter to have its entire guts yanked out (all
    buisness records etc taken away) and re-installed to the day it was bought
    so it's fresh as a daisy and thinks it's brand new (the year 2000 I believe)
    .....cost me 100 bucks and change..........

    The miss about this computer is that the battery is toast...(However
    the jury is out on that as I see a charging signal comming from the brute
    after comming back from the computer store...so will keep it plugged
    in)......and you have to keep it plugged in....whoa!

    What's it worth?... I KNOW it's worth something and is still a good
    'puter so if you think it's worth like 2-300 bucks (Canadian)...then I 'll
    give it to my nice or nephew so they can surf porn or whatever with it...if
    it's worth more...like say....600 ...please advise...whaddya think?

    Warmest regards for any replies......Jim

    Jim & Lil, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Shane Matthews, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Oh, I thought you meant by posting as "Jim & Lil". :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 23, 2005
  4. I just bought a nearly brand new Gateway Centrino ultra light, 15"
    display with extra battery for under $600, so I'd say you're well into
    wishful thinking.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Jim & Lil

    Fred Guest

    Best advice from a pacifist........ Give it to your niece and buy another
    one for your nephew, or throw it away.

    Fred, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Jim & Lil

    JANA Guest

    This is an old one. You will be lucky of you can get more than about $100 to
    $150 for it. By today's standards your 1200 is considered very limited.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Sep 23, 2005