    Tisn't a big deal, just something to distract me from reality. :)

    tschus
    pyotr

    pyotr filipivich, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Are you talking about the favicons from within the bookmarks? If so,
    then there is a rhyme and reason to them. It depends on what setting
    you have. Type in about:config in the address bar and look for the entry

    browser.chrome.load_toolbar

    and double click on it, then enter one of the following codes:

    0 = do not load
    1 = load only when they're in the cache
    2 = load all the time

    Chances are you've got yours set to "1" and the favicons will disappear
    everytime to empty the cache.

    Andreas

    Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-B, Oct 2, 2004

  3. pyotr filipivich

    Steve IA Guest

    I'm using FF 0.9.3 and about:config doesn't have a
    browser.chrome.load_toolbar.

    Not available in FF?

    Steve

    Steve IA, Oct 2, 2004
  4. I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Andreas, His Excellency,
    Can't find that entry. (I don't think I have it)
    As I'm using Firefox, things are a "little different."

    There is a entry of "browser.chrome.favicons" which is of type boolean
    and set to "true".

    There is also a "browser.chrome.toolbar_style" which is integer, and
    set to "2"

    but no entry "browser.chrome.load_toolbar"

    OTOH, there are all sorts of "cool" entries, which tell me "Here Be
    Ways You can Really Screw Things Up" (Insert maniacal laughter]
    "Fools! Call me mad, will they! I'll show them! Bwahaahahaha!"

    Back to the drawing board.

    tschus
    pyotr

    pyotr filipivich, Oct 2, 2004