    they sell new Dells that were returned for drastic discounts. These are the
    same as brand-new Dells.

    Thanks!

    SBB, Feb 12, 2004

  2. SBB

    Brian H¹© Guest

    SBB said:
    I would like to buy a car that never runs out of petrol.
    Would you ask here what car to buy?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 12, 2004

  3. SBB

    SBB Guest

    your post has nothing to do with my question.

    SBB, Feb 12, 2004
  4. SBB

    Nonanda Guest

    Well, if you've had that much luck with Dell, I would say try another one. I
    would advise against the Outlet, unless you don't mind the risk of getting
    one that has problems. I returned a new Dell about a year ago that
    functioned but was extremely buggy (crashes, lock-ups, problems with the
    video card, and it had a loud rattle that I could never find where it was
    coming from.) The lady from Dell was nice about taking it back and I'm not
    badmouthing them because I owned 2 before that worked great. But if
    something like that made it to the outlet, which it likely did, then you
    don't want it--it was a new dell and it was returned.

    I'm getting ready to try a Hypersonic Cyclone series. If anyone knows
    anything about this company I'd appreciate the info.

    Nonanda, Feb 13, 2004
  5. SBB

    Harrison Guest

    Dell still makes very good equipment, and if I were to buy a new system, I would buy a Dell.
    They use quality components and they have very good support.

    Most outlet computers are refurbished. They should have a disclaimer on the site explaining exactly what "refurbished"
    means. Read it.
    Also, do a Google search for Dell discount codes and you will find sites which list discounts that are not immediately
    visible on the normal Dell site. Many of them include rebates, upgrades, and free shipping discounts which can be
    combined on a single purchase. I have used them to save hundreds of dollars on previous purchases.

    Harrison, Feb 13, 2004
  6. SBB

    SBB Guest

    thanks! I do like Dell. they claim that all of their returns are inspected,
    tested, warranted, and even put in a new box. But I'm wondering now, given
    your story...

    SBB, Feb 13, 2004
  7. SBB

    Billh Guest

    Hey if all it takes is a new box I have 80 of them if you want them. We
    just got 80 new Dell computers I have taken 52 of them out of the box. Of
    those I have one monitor that makes a noise when it is warming up very
    annoying and is going back. One dead cd drive. One computer that had a
    plastic part of the case broken. I put the dead cd in it and will send it
    back. And I just found out today one of the first computers I setup the
    hard drive is all ready bad so I guess I will swap it out with the cracked
    case one as well. That will make a fine outlet model for you buy!

    Still even with all that I still buy Dell and have been happy with what I
    get and the service when I call. I work for a school and Dell will only
    sell schools computers with 3 year service so I don't fell bad sending it
    back when it does not work.

    Billh, Feb 13, 2004
  8. SBB

    Barry Guest

    Why not buy one that runs on diesel then?

    Barry

    Barry, Feb 13, 2004
  9. SBB

    joevan Guest