What is the max bootable primary partition size for 64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2005.

  1. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005

  3. What, no partitions for Linux ext3 or Linux swap? :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Wessel Troost, Jul 18, 2005
  5. First, I have no need of FAT32 on any partition of any hard drive. I use
    Virtual PC 2005, Virtual Server 2005, and on my x64 computer, Virtual Server
    2005 SP1 beta and VMWare Workstation 5 to run legacy operating systems.

    Second, I have no need to consider multiboot scenarios that might involve
    DOS tools. In fact, the only multiboot I plan to set up is for Longhorn
    beta 1 and forward. For those I am going to use separate drives.

    I used to keep old computers around just to hang on to Win95, 98, and ME,
    but with virtualization what it is now I no longer have any pre-Pentium4
    hardware. In fact the last PIII went to the relatives this weekend.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 18, 2005
  6. Andre, I have over 1.5TB of storage just on one desktop (counting external
    drives). It is not a big deal anymore.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 18, 2005
  7. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  9. That old system? ROFLOL Seriously, you should download Suse 9.3 Live DVD,
    or Mandriva Live. Linux has come a long ways, but it still needs work. LOL

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 20, 2005
  10. You have not had a speechless day in this forum. If true, I deserve a
    medal! :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 20, 2005
  11. I think SuSE 9.1 runs better for me on VPC than 9.3. Odd but true.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 20, 2005
  12. 9.1 won't work on my system. :(

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 21, 2005
  13. Not in VPC? That would be strange indeed. Or do you mean on the metal?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 21, 2005
  14. It won't work Period, as I have an AMD 64 3200+ based computer with 1Gb of
    DDRAM.

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 21, 2005