    They both privode the link redundancy for the voip traffic, which can
    failover to PSTN. why we need they both? What is the difference
    between them? Thanks.

    xianli2, Sep 1, 2008

  2. xianli2

    Scooby Guest

    SRST does not fail over the PSTN it is a failover in case you connectivity
    to your call manager. The router will then act as a light version of call
    manager until you regain connectivity.

    Scooby, Sep 1, 2008

  3. xianli2

    DavidCReese Guest

    SRST is more for remote sites in case of a WAN outage, where the
    remote site could not contact the callmanager anymore.

    DavidCReese, Sep 1, 2008
  4. xianli2

    xianli2 Guest

    Thanx guys, well explained.