    the home version. Am I wrong ???

    Thanks

    Ron

    RON, Jan 30, 2006

  2. RON

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In RON spewed forth:
    All versions of XP have the program you asked about. XP Pro is designed for
    use on a Windows Network domain. We're not talking about a small office or
    home network, but the full-blown variety with servers and everything. If you
    don't need the PC connected to a domain, you don't need Pro.

    There are a few other differences, like Pro has remote desktop abilities - I
    can run my desktop from my wireless laptop by remote control. Big deal. That
    can be done for free with UltraVNC. So far, I've never seen the need for
    Pro. It costs more, and doesn't do anything for me that Home can't do.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Additionally, Pro has the choice to install the Windows IIS web server,
    if you're into web development. It's not available on Home.

    But then ... who would want to run IIS? <g>
    Apache is free to download and install; there's a Windows version.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 30, 2006
  4. RON wrote:

    What is the difference between Windows XP home and XP professional ? I am
    Does that suggest anything else which belongs to you?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:

    In news:,
    What would you do if me?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
    Do you wish that me are into web development?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  7. RON

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    True - there are probably some other things, but most home users don't find
    that being without them is a problem. For instance, there is no file
    encryption in Home. But it can be added for free.

    For the OP, here's what MS has to say about it:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2006
  8. RON

    Evan Platt Guest

    Pro also has Terminal Services Client / Server. :-D

    Evan Platt, Jan 30, 2006
  9. Toolman Tim wrote:

    In news:1hxumd45fcwk3$.72hl13fygwhs$,
    Would you like it if they were not probably some other things?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    But what are the chances that they was not probably some other things?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Does talking about this bother you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Have you asked anyone else?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    We were discussing you -- not me.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    You're not really talking about me -- are you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Tell me more about that.