  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Any Opinions out there?

    Keith, Sep 9, 2009

  2. Keith

    Whiskers Guest

    The best browser for any OS is Opera :))

    But Mac users seem to like Safari, too.

    Whiskers, Sep 9, 2009

  3. Keith

    Andy Guest

    Safari. And Firefox.

    Andy, Sep 9, 2009
  4. §ñühw¤£f, Sep 10, 2009
  5. Keith

    Bigbazza Guest

    An article re- Opera.....

    Opera launches new Internet browser, Opera

    10 September 2, 2009.....

    Norway's Opera Software has released a new version of its browser, Opera 10,
    promising faster downloads, new design and new features.

    Opera battles for the spot of third-largest browser maker with Google's
    Chrome and Apple's Safari, but is far behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer
    and Mozilla Foundation's Firefox.

    Opera said the new browser is significantly faster on resource-intensive
    pages such as Gmail and Facebook, and adds features like full thumbnails of
    all open tabs.

    Opera said its Turbo feature for slow connections, which packages web pages,
    makes the browser up to eight times faster than rival browsers in low
    connection speeds.

    "We have worked a lot on Opera Turbo technology and have also made major
    improvements on the overall product stability. This is the most stable Opera
    browser yet," the company said.

    The companies usually release several successive test versions of their
    browsers so they can incorporate user feedback in a series of improvements
    before their final launch. Microsoft launched its latest IE8 browser in
    March after a year of public beta testing.

    Opera unveiled a public test version of the browser on June 3.

    Microsoft's Internet Explorer is used for about 60 per cent of global
    Internet traffic, and Mozilla's Firefox has about 30 per cent, with usage of
    Opera, Google and Apple all around 3 per cent each, according to web
    analytics firm StatCounter.

    Opera has a small share of the global desktop browser market, but its
    browser is the most popular in countries like Russia or Ukraine, and its
    mobile browser is the most widely used browser on handsets.

    Reuters

    Bigbazza

    Bigbazza, Sep 10, 2009
  6. Keith

    Bigbazza Guest

    Sorry...I meant to address 'Whiskers' reply to Keith..:)

    Bigbazza

    Bigbazza, Sep 10, 2009
  7. Keith

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Keith Post:
    How about the process of elimination, try them all.

    OldGringo38, Sep 10, 2009
  8. Do you like chocolate ice cream, or strawberry?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 10, 2009
  9. Keith

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Beauregard T. Shagnasty Post:
    <g>

    OldGringo38, Sep 10, 2009
  10. Keith

    Hugh Watkins Guest

    FF ahs a google toolbar

    safari does not
    but is best for apple.com downloads updates and stuff

    Hugh W

    Hugh Watkins, Sep 11, 2009