    The Dynalink RTA220 looks good and the Built in Firewall seems a good idea.
    Is there another model cheaper? , is it worth it?

    Ta

    carl, May 5, 2004

  2. carl

    Weez Guest

    I picked up a Dlink 704p router (only router not adsl) from ebay for around
    $60 landed, I would highly recommend buying from overseas as so much
    cheaper. ..J

    Weez, May 5, 2004

  3. carl

    Chris Hope Guest

    Only there's no come back if something goes wrong with it. Although things
    might be a little more expensive here you're protected by the Consumer's
    Guarantee Act. Although in this case the item is so cheap it hardly
    matters :)

    Chris Hope, May 5, 2004
  4. carl

    steve Guest

    I bought the DSE external ADSL router.

    It has a great feature set....and was $159.

    I was able to decommission my Linux firewall and make it a dedicated
    mail and web server behind the firewall router.

    steve, May 5, 2004
  5. carl

    uh oh! Guest

    also, anything you buy from overseas is very unlikely to be telepermitted

    uh oh!, May 5, 2004
  6. carl

    carl Guest

    Yeah that is what I was planning , should make things more simpler and easier.

    carl, May 5, 2004
  7. carl

    JedMeister Guest

    My DSE router does not support the uPnP protocol, which is rather handy for
    some things such as MSN Messenger voice conversations, and a few other
    applications requiring PC-PC comms.

    The DSE router seems to work ok with my cisco VPN client , which is my main
    requirement.

    JedMeister, May 5, 2004
  8. carl

    K T T Guest

    I have been extremely happy with the RTA220 that we got.

    K T T, May 5, 2004
  9. carl

    Weez Guest

    Phew ! Thats a relief cos i using it with TC cable modem

    Weez, May 5, 2004
  10. carl

    steve Guest

    It certainly is.....re-directing ports is as simple as filling in a
    web-based form on the router's admin web pages.....submitting it and
    then re-booting the router - all via Mozilla or whatever broser you may
    be using.

    Simpull as.......

    steve, May 6, 2004