    Stain?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
    Arawak

    Arawak, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Arawak

    Jamco Guest

    regclean works well

    Jamco, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Arawak

    joevan Guest

    I didn't think of that one. That is good. I was going to suggest
    hydrochloric acid 100%. Adding a bit to the toilet bowl is ok but
    don't allow a drop of water in the acid bottle or you get a big
    problem. Seriously.
    joevan

    joevan, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Arawak

    Hamman Guest

    Mix some hydochloric acid based toilet cleaner with some bleach based
    cleaner.

    That'll sort it out.

    hamman

    Hamman, Aug 30, 2004
  5. Arawak

    joevan Guest

    Ugggh, Please be careful with chlorine. It'l kill ya in a few minutes
    in a closed area. Seriously, some old people have used bleach and
    toiled bowl cleaners and stayed in the small area too long or maybe
    just long enough.
    Not a nice way to go.
    joevan

    joevan, Aug 30, 2004
  6. Arawak

    Ant Guest

    Acid + Alkaline, not good.

    Ant, Aug 31, 2004
  7. My mommie says the best and safest way to do it is to get yourself some
    "OxyClean" from WalMart then you heat up about a quart of water, but not
    to boiling all the way, just very hot, then dissolve about 5 or 6 or 7
    scoops of the OxyClean into the hot water, but if it's boiling too much,
    the OxyClean will want to bubble out so either use a nice big container,
    or be very careful about the heat, but you need the heat to dissolve the
    OxyClean all the way then just pour it into the toilet water bowl with
    the water thats allreaddy there and wait for a few hours or overnight and
    it will be very clean again without scrubbing or anything.

    Adiamo Vamanos, Aug 31, 2004
  8. Arawak

    Mike K. Guest

    Yea, do it if you want to clean the gene pool. You sure would be a Darwin
    candidate.

    Mike K., Aug 31, 2004
  9. Arawak

    KnowBody Guest

    If you want acid + alkaline: HCl + cleaning ammonia. :)

    Dunno why so many say clean with HCl... Most toilet bowl cleaners
    I've seen DO have HCl....

    To answer original poster, I get good results with SnoBol
    (It contains 14.5% HCl... not the highest I've seen but works well.)

    Also good to clean regularly so the hard water stains build up
    to an insane level.

    KnowBody - wonders why he bothers with these silly posts...

    KnowBody, Aug 31, 2004
  10. Arawak

    Unk Guest

    Chlorine gas (Cl2) (cl2)
    A yellowish green gas with an unpleasant and irritating smell.
    Attacks the eyes and mucous membranes.
    Contact with the skin causes severe burns.
    Causes fatal lung damage.
    Considered a weapon of mass distruction.

    Unk, Aug 31, 2004
  11. Arawak

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Unk
    So what's the problem?

    DevilsPGD, Aug 31, 2004
  12. (Invest the $1500 in a water softening system - it'll save LOTS of
    headaches in the future.)

    Two systems seem to work REALLY well:
    1) CLR / Lime Away - roughly the same product overall. Check to see if
    it would be bad for your type of plumbing.
    2) Good old fashioned White Vinegar! Just pour a bunch into the holding
    tank while it's filling with regular water. Don;t use it again for about
    1/2 hr.. then when you do, just flush once... About 30 mins after that
    you should be able to simply brush the stains / build up away. (It may
    take a few times, but vinegar is cheap.)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Sep 1, 2004
  13. Arawak

    knowsomething

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Cleaning Hardwater deposits

    Several people have commented about mixing hydrochloric acid and bleach. OMG!! This
    will cause a gas that can be inhaled and is very toxic. Please for god sake do not do this.
    Hydrochloric acid by itself will work but it also exudes a toxic gas which will cause etching on almost all products. Adding chlorine only increase the toxicity. If hydrochloric acid is diluted down to 10% or less you will reduce etching on concrete, metals or porcelain. The safest product to use is hydrogen peroxide. If the standard 3% available at most stores is not strong enough you can get up to 33% on the internet. Please dilute down to at least 10%. And wear gloves so you do not burn your hands!! Specific products sold at the store will work but they are so diluted that it will either take forever or will not fully do the job.

    knowsomething, Feb 24, 2011