What is sysServices value of Cisco switch 2948G..Urgent.pls help...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Arunkumar, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Arunkumar

    Arunkumar Guest

    i know the following

    sysServices::
    A value which indicates the set of services that this entity primarily
    offers. The value is a sum. This sum initially takes the value zero,
    Then, for each layer, L, in the range 1 through 7, that this node
    performs transactions for, 2 raised to (L - 1) is added to the sum.
    For example, a node which performs primarily routing functions would
    have a value of 4 (2^(3-1)). In contrast, a node which is a host
    offering application services would have a value of 72 (2^(4-1) +
    2^(7-1)). Note that in the context of the Internet suite of protocols,
    values should be calculated accordingly: layer functionality 1
    physical (e.g., repeaters) 2 datalink/subnetwork (e.g., bridges) 3
    internet (e.g., IP gateways) 4 end-to-end (e.g., IP hosts) 7
    applications (e.g., mail relays) For systems including OSI protocols,
    layers 5 and 6 may also be counted."

    From this info,can anyone tell me what is the sysServices value of
    Cisco catalyst switch 2948G.any help is appreciated as it is urgent
    for my task to get completed.

    E.L.R.Arunkumar
    www.adventnet.com

    Arunkumar, Jan 13, 2004

  2. :i know the following

    :sysServices::
    :A value which indicates the set of services that this entity primarily
    :eek:ffers.

    :2^(7-1)). Note that in the context of the Internet suite of protocols,
    :values should be calculated accordingly: layer functionality 1
    :physical (e.g., repeaters) 2 datalink/subnetwork (e.g., bridges) 3
    :internet (e.g., IP gateways) 4 end-to-end (e.g., IP hosts) 7
    :applications (e.g., mail relays)

    :From this info,can anyone tell me what is the sysServices value of
    :Cisco catalyst switch 2948G.

    Switches are layer 2, so the sum should be 2^(1-1) + 2^(2-1) = 3
    for the 2948G. It would, I suspect, be 7 for the 2948G-L3.

    Note: I do not have a 2948G (and don't have a 2948G-L3 anymore): I am
    going from the information you provided.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Arunkumar

    Arunkumar Guest

    Thanks for the reply.Can you please tell me what are the physical
    addresses or mac-addresses for the 50 ports of switch 2948G?i need to
    populate values in RFC1213-MIB and IF-MIB to simulate the agent.i got
    this info

    Compare:

    c2948-dc> (enable) show module
    Mod Slot Ports Module-Type Model Sub
    Status
    --- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- ---
    --------
    1 1 0 Switching Supervisor WS-X2948 no ok
    2 1 50 10/100/1000 Ethernet WS-C2948G no ok

    Mod Module-Name Serial-Num
    --- -------------------- --------------------
    1 JAB034607C5
    2 JAB034607C5

    Mod MAC-Address(es) Hw Fw Sw
    --- -------------------------------------- ------ ----------
    -----------------
    1 00-30-40-6f-a8-00 to 00-30-40-6f-ab-ff 2.0 6.1(4) 7.4(2)
    2 00-30-40-6f-ab-9e to 00-30-40-6f-ab-fd 2.0

    Can you infer the ifPhysicalAddresses for the 50 ports.please reply
    me.and

    from IF_MIB,
    ifMtu = The size of the largest packet which can be sent/received on
    the interface, specified in octets. For interfaces that are used for
    transmitting network datagrams, this is the size of the largest
    network datagram that can be sent on the interface

    ifSpeed = An estimate of the interface's current bandwidth in bits per
    second. For interfaces which do not vary in bandwidth or for those
    where no accurate estimation can be made, this object should contain
    the nominal bandwidth.

    2948G has 48 ports of 10/100Mbps and 2 ports of gigaspeed.is
    ifSpeed=portSpeed.
    if so,can i set 48 ports to either 10Mbps or 100Mbps??

    and what is the value ofifMtu in this case?

    Since i need replies asap,any help is really appreciated.

    BestRegards
    E.L.R.Arunkumar
    www.adventnet.com

    Arunkumar, Jan 14, 2004