    Should I delete it or us it as an utility?

    Win8.1

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Dec 24, 2013

  2. dcardarelli

    Paul Guest

    http://pc-speed-maximizer.en.softonic.com/

    "Unfortunately, the option to fix these problems is only
    available with the paid version - the trial version just
    lets you know that your computer is

    crawling with errors; <--- HAHAHA!!!

    it doesn't actually let you do anything about it. Even if
    you are using the paid version, PC Speed Maximizer is buggy,
    stalling and freezing for no apparent reason. The scans
    themselves are slow, don't indicate how long they are likely
    to take, and don't show you areas that have already been scanned."

    Fun stuff.

    I'm guessing... Delete... is the answer.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 24, 2013

  3. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Paul,
    Thanks, it is now gone. (I hate it when stuff gets installed from who knows where.)

    Regards,

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Dec 25, 2013
  4. dcardarelli

    Daniel47 Guest

    Dave, have you updated/run your anti-virus and anti-malware programs??

    Might be worth while!!

    Merry Christmas.

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 25, 2013
  5. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Greetings,

    I do run often malwarebytes and Spybot and this computer (new, had to replace my previous XP) has Windows Defender. On the XP, I had Norton which Comcast had supplied. Was told the Windows Defender is OK as a substitute for Norton.

    Regards,

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Dec 27, 2013