    kucky Guest

    hey,
    can you tell me what is the minimum passing mark to pass mcp?

    kucky, Aug 26, 2006

  2. kucky

    Cerebrus Guest

    There is no minimum passing mark in this case, since mcp is not an
    exam, but a certification credential. In other words, you cannot "take"
    an mcp or "pass" an mcp, but you can "become" an MCP.

    You could however "take an MCP to bed", or "pass a lewd comment for an
    MCP"...

    Cerebrus, Aug 26, 2006

  3. kucky

    Guest Guest

    Hi Kucky,

    The minimum passing grade for any MCP exam is 700. That being said, 700
    does not represent a percentage or a specific mark, so on a harder exam 700
    may be 65% and on an easier exam it may be 85%. It's complicated, and
    frankly the only people who REALLY knows are Jim and the team at Microsoft
    Learning.

    Good luck!

    Guest, Aug 28, 2006
  4. kucky

    Guest Guest

    i'm about to take the 70-291 exam. i was wondering how much is weighted for
    each simulation question with 700 mark being a pass. also assuming if i
    coulnd't do them and not answer the sim question can i still pass the exam.

    Guest, Aug 30, 2006
  5. kucky

    Guest Guest

    Hi Man,

    Contrary to popular belief, every question on any MCP exam is weighted
    equally, with the exception of questions that are put in as new questions and
    such, which are not counted for points.

    Guest, Aug 30, 2006
  6. Umm....no. Every question is not weighted evenly.
    --
    ..rev - mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 30, 2006
  7. kucky

    Guest Guest

    Hmmm... that is what they told us when I was in Redmond... maybe it is
    different for different exams. In any event that is what I was told, though
    I have been known to get bad information from time to time.

    Guest, Aug 30, 2006
  8. kucky

    Guest Guest

    ok i did the 070-291 and scored 658! there were 3 simulations i didn't do!
    there were 40 questions. how many do you think were incorrect answers and
    how much of the simulation contributed to it? there were 342 and surely 3
    simulation questions doesn't account for all that 342 marks.

    Guest, Aug 30, 2006
  9. kucky

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 30, 2006
  10. kucky

    JaR Guest

    *boggle*

    Why in fusk would you spend the money to take the test, knowing that you
    were clueless about the sims? And having done so, not even attempt them?

    I tell ya, every time ya think ya've heard it all...

    JaR, Aug 30, 2006
  11. kucky

    Guest Guest

    if i attempted it but didn't know how to go about doing it then wouldn't i
    get penalised for it!

    there was one question about the sus. i went into sus but another part
    asked about configuring gpo in active directory on the automatic settings.
    how would i do that in active directory. where woud i look.

    i am assuming most tasks are one by going into administrative tools and in
    dns.

    Guest, Aug 31, 2006
  12. kucky

    Briscobar Guest

    I believe you get penalized just as much for a wrong answer as you do for no
    answer. That is, if you don't answer the question, you're wrong.

    Briscobar, Aug 31, 2006