what is jumper?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tp, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. tp

    tp Guest

    tp, Oct 26, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. tp

    Hank Guest

    A person who feels that he just simply can't take anymore.

    Hank, Oct 26, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. tp

    Robert Baer Guest

    The term "jumper" as used in PC computer boards, is a small
    rectangular block that can be added or removed (or moved) according to
    various options made available by the manufacturer.
    Most of these blocks can plug into pins that have a 0.100 spacing, but
    there are some with 2mm pin spacing.
    For a drawing, see http://www.mouser.com/catalog/616/721.pdf
    The term "jumper" is a general electronics term that is applied to
    either various removeable and solder-in components; what is used in PC
    computers is only one variation.
    Robert Baer, Oct 26, 2003
  4. tp

    HF Guest

    Grasshoppers do too (and fleas).At one time a slang term for bus inspector
    (he jumped on the bus)
    HF, Oct 26, 2003
  5. tp

    Jeremy Guest

    Also a warm knitted woolen garment :)
    Jeremy, Oct 26, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.