    document/text printing.

    TIA !

    Ross

    John Doe, Nov 22, 2003

  2. John Doe

    LLutton Guest

    I expect to buy a new photoprinter in the near future. Initially I was
    Why would you spend $300 for a printer for documents/text whose main claim to
    fame is photo permanence and superior grayscale photo printing? Is your main
    use documents? or photos?
    Lynn

    LLutton, Nov 22, 2003

  3. John Doe

    Paul Guest

    I do expect to use the printer for
    Hmm - maybe it's too early in the morning, but I think he said he wasn't going
    to use it at all for documents.

    Paul, Nov 22, 2003
  4. John Doe

    Paul Guest

    I knew it. It was too early. But I think he wants to get the best photo
    printer he can, and still have something that works reasonably well for
    documents. He;s niot spending $300 for a printer for documents/text, he's
    spending it for a great photo printer that also does the other things.

    Paul, Nov 22, 2003
  5. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Primary need is for a superior photo printer.

    I also intend to use the same printer for document/text printing.

    So is the 7960 the best for less than $300 street price or is there
    something better ?

    Thanks,

    Ross

    John Doe, Nov 22, 2003
  6. John Doe

    John Guest

    As usual, everyone's got their personal preference. I got the 7960
    because it did everything I needed. the photos turned out beautiful
    even on my old 3.1MP camera, and on my new 5.3 Canon, they're even
    better. And for normal document usage, (only had to do documents
    three times) it's been great, fast, and sharp.

    I hit best buy and circuit city so I could do side by side
    comparisions, and I settled for the HP. I know others who did the
    same thing and settled for an epson, or a canon. Your best bet is to
    go with a memory card and print something out on it so you can see the
    results you'll get from your camera, and make your decision based on
    that.

    John

    John, Nov 22, 2003
  7. John Doe

    LLutton Guest

    Will you want to print panoramas? I don't believe the hp 7960 will handle any
    paper longer than 11 inches. That's my main objection. Most Epsons will let me
    do that.
    Lynn

    LLutton, Nov 23, 2003
  8. John Doe

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    IMHO, it's the best in its price range. I have one and I'm
    completely satisfied. While I acknowledge the fact that
    contemporary Canon and Epson photoprinters can
    achieve similar quality with color prints, none can match
    the 7960 when printing B&W (the 7960 uses a grayscale
    cartridge, which no other manufacturer provides.) To me
    that was of primary importance.

    This is my first HP printer. I did not like the brand before
    and I've owned at least half a dozen Epsons.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 23, 2003
  9. John Doe

    Michael Guest

    Specs show support only up to 14 inches length.

    Michael, Dec 3, 2003