    include printer to this media. Any suggestions will be greatly
    appreciated. My price ceiling is about $350. I'll probably print about
    200 dvd's a year. Thanks

    Wayne, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Wayne

    Mike H Guest

    The Epson R200 / R300 series of inkjet printers will print directly onto CDs/DVDs.
    They may not be manufactured any more, but if you have a Fry's in your neighborhood,
    they frequently have 'reconditioned' printers on sale for $60 - $90 (after rebate).
    I'm not sure how well it would work as a true photo printer.. At this price I
    got it as a dedicated CD/DVD printer and have not printed anything else on it. It
    is a little inconvenient to feed the individual CDs, but not bad. It also has a
    basic, but functional "label editor".
    Mike

    Mike H, Dec 3, 2005

  3. Costco (and no doubt other stores) have the Epson R300 for a good price.

    Charles Schuler, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Wayne

    irwell Guest

    The Canon IP Pixma series and some MP series can be modified
    to print directly onto CD/DVDs. See at
    http://pixma.webpal.info/IP4200/index.htm

    irwell, Dec 4, 2005
  5. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    Why does Canon restrict printing CD in the US?

    Wayne, Dec 4, 2005
  6. Wayne

    george Guest

    I have an R200 that I bought ONLY for printing on CD/DVD's and it works
    great for
    that...it leave a bit to be desired for photos however. I think the minimum
    if you want
    photos too would be the R300/R320 and the R800 would be an excellent choice
    if you
    find it within your budget.

    George

    george, Dec 5, 2005
  7. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    OK, it was a dumb question I guess, but there must be a good story why
    Canon implements the option to print on CD/DVD disks, and sells it in
    Europe, but disables and hides that option the USA.

    Epson printers sell the option both places.

    I am not aware that HP has that option to print on CDR/DVD. Perhaps
    their support of LightScribe could be a factor, but to me, that wouldnt
    seem to interfere with business.

    Is this inkjet-printing-of-recordable-media just another music industry
    fear of duplication?

    Wayne, Dec 5, 2005