    last Christmas.
    Thank you so much!

    maria

    maria, Jun 16, 2007

  2. maria

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    I have the same kind of camera and share your enthusiasm for it but I cannot
    explain the "fried" aspect concerning the charger. The charger nameplate
    says "100-240V" input and I have used it all over Africa and Asia without a
    problem by using an "adapter" to allow me to use their electrical outlets.
    Perhaps the "converter" is the problem and should not have been used. I
    don't know what a "converter" might do to the wave form of the output
    voltage. It might change it to DC which would fry your charger. Just pleg
    the charger into the outlet after procuring an "adapter" to configure the
    geometry.

    Ed Mullikin, Jun 16, 2007

  3. maria

    maria Guest

    Ed,

    Which charger are you talking about? I would like to buy one like
    yours.
    Thanks!

    maria

    maria, Jun 16, 2007
  4. maria

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    I have two Sony chargers: One will charge the battery in the camera and the
    other will charge the battery out of the camera in its own holder.

    The in-camera charger is a Sony AC-L15A
    The out-of-camera charger is a Sony AC-VQ50

    I would imagine these would be available from the Sony website if you go
    there and key in your camera model number. I bought two spare batteries. I
    have never used them and I've taken thousands of photos with the original.
    Good luck!

    Ed Mullikin, Jun 16, 2007
  5. maria

    cgiorgio Guest

    A search for the battery type number (NP-FM50) in eBay should show scores of
    compatible batteries and suitable chargers for them.

    cgiorgio, Jun 16, 2007
  6. Usually the converters are just plain transformers that convert 220 V Ac to
    110 V Ac.The frequency however reamins unchanged, at 50 Hz, while the grid
    frequency in USA is 60 Hz.I can't see how your charger came to harm, since
    we were working in a building in the (now abandoned) local US military base,
    and they had standard US receptacles (110 Volt) and fluorescent light
    fixtures, but the base was draining the Cretan grid which is running at 50
    Hz....That was of, course, long before mobile phones and digital
    cameras...The base was evacuated in 1992.....

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 16, 2007
  7. maria

    maria Guest

    None of the chargers works!
    Thank you.

    maria

    maria, Jun 17, 2007
  8. maria

    maria Guest

    I just ordered the SONY AC/DC M SERIES QUICK CHARGER AC-SQ950D NEW.
    Thank you guys!

    maria

    maria, Jun 17, 2007