    What have you (seriously or humorously) photographed with your camera
    so far, that's assisted you to solve a mystery (whatever your
    definition of that is).

    Hugh, Jun 12, 2010

  2. Hugh

    NameHere Guest

    The true reasons that night-flying insects are attracted to lights. It has
    nothing to do with navigation, mate-finding, or food-source finding. A
    century of textbooks are now having to be rewritten. It also proved how
    man-made light-pollution is disrupting the natural environment much worse
    than anyone could have ever thought. So much so that it might even cause
    humanity's own earlier demise.

    By using the IR video mode of one of my P&S cameras, I have analyzed the
    communication patterns of field mice. They have a eusocial community much
    more complex than that of a bee-hive with many more roles, using complex
    paw-drumming communication patterns between 20Hz and 50Hz.

    To name but two. The list is long.

    NameHere, Jun 12, 2010

  3. Hugh

    NGBarfart Guest

    However you have never been able to solve the mystery of your existence
    in this newsgroup, or why your overinflated ego isn't able to lift you
    out of your mother's basement..

    NGBarfart, Jun 12, 2010
  4. Hugh

    LOL! Guest

    Au contraire mon idiot, it is YOU who haven't been able to solve it. I know
    precisely why I'm here.

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jun 12, 2010
  5. Hugh

    Eric Stevens Guest

    All kinds of bent, burnished, burn't and otherwise buggered bits of
    machinery. :)

    Eric Stevens
    Forensic Engineer (Retired).

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Jun 12, 2010
  6. Hugh

    otter Guest

    Myself.

    Mystery: "Who IS that old guy?"

    otter, Jun 12, 2010
  7. Hugh

    Paul Heslop Guest

    everything, the mystery being "do my hands really shake THAT badly?"

    Paul Heslop, Jun 12, 2010
  8. Hugh

    Robert Coe Guest

    : What have you (seriously or humorously) photographed with your camera
    : so far, that's assisted you to solve a mystery (whatever your
    : definition of that is).

    A word to the wise here, Huggie: When you post an article that is such an
    obvious attempt to get us to help you avoid your homework, summer reading, or
    whatever, you might want to treat the responses you get with a certain degree
    of skepticism.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 12, 2010
  9. Hugh

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 22:44:05 -0700 (PDT), Hugh <>
    : wrote:
    :
    : >What have you (seriously or humorously) photographed with your camera
    : >so far, that's assisted you to solve a mystery (whatever your
    : >definition of that is).
    :
    : All kinds of bent, burnished, burn't and otherwise buggered bits of
    : machinery. :)
    :
    : Eric Stevens
    : Forensic Engineer (Retired).

    Pack your bags, Eric. They're going to need you to help figure out why the
    blowout preventer blew out. ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 12, 2010
  10. Hugh

    Eric Stevens Guest

    From what I've read its not just a simple mechanical failure but a
    chain of multiple human failures. I expect that the whole disaster
    could have been prevented if any one of fifty people had done their
    job correctly. It seems to have started with what initially was not a
    fatal error by Halliburton and things went from there. The only ones
    who may end up with fairly clean noses are Schlumberger who when they
    found out what people were doing, and that no one would listen to
    them, refused to participate and got off the rig pronto.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Jun 13, 2010