    phones you've used) or use on your current mobile phone ? If there's
    a (serious or humorous) reason that made you take up a certain
    ringtone, please elaborate.

    Sab, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    : : What are (or have so far been) your 4 - 6 personal
    : : favorite (G or R rated) music
    : : related or non music related, ringtones you've had (on
    : : previous mobile phones you've used) or use on your
    : : current mobile phone ? If there's a (serious or
    : : humorous) reason that made you take up a certain
    : : ringtone, please elaborate.

    Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple groups.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007

  3. Sab

    JFGrieve Guest

    So why did you do the same?

    JFGrieve, Sep 2, 2007
  4. Sab

    Jono Guest

    JFGrieve wrote :
    Interestingly, Snom VoIP phones can play custom ring tones.

    Has anyone got any simple tips on this feature?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  5. Argh. Rod Speed, how did /he/ escape from my spam filters?

    *replonk*

    Mark McIntyre, Sep 2, 2007
  6. Sab

    Tim Guest

    You get a sample of the ring tone you want, convert into the right
    format, and put it onto a webserver.

    Then on your phone, you go to Identity X, choose Custom Melody in the
    Drop down box. Then paste the link to your WAV file URL into the
    'Custom Melody URL:' box just below.

    There is an example:

    http://ron.provu.co.uk/~tim/CTU24_4.wav

    The format you need to use is:

    RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 2, 2007
  7. Sab

    TheMgt Guest

    So can Cisco 7940/60 phones. Mine has a whole list of assorted
    explosions, animal noises, South Park clips, etc. Very tasteful.

    TheMgt, Sep 2, 2007
  8. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Tim formulated on Sunday :
    Cheers.

    So, you can't actually store the ringtone in the phone..?

    No matter, I will certainly have to have a play now!

    Thanks.

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  9. Sab

    Tim Guest

    No, but it is cached on the phone after the first ring.

    It only gets it from the webserver once. Even if you reboot the phone.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 2, 2007
  10. Sab

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Tim formulated :
    Oh. That's fair enough. Thanks.

    On a completely different subjuct, are you likely to be getting any
    Linksys SPA8000's in any time soon? Also, how will prices compare with
    4 x SPA2102's?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  11. Sab

    Tim Guest

    We are planning to get them in as soon as we can.

    I don't know about pricing yet.

    If you email work on the usual email address, you can be tagged for a
    notification when stock arrives.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 2, 2007
  12. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    : : Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    : : : Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple
    : : : groups.
    : : :
    : : : Ivor
    : :
    : : So why did you do the same?

    When did I spam..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007
  13. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones formulated the question :
    08:26:16 02/09/2007...?

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007
  14. Sab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    : : Ivor Jones formulated the question :
    : : : : : : : : Ivor Jones wrote:
    : : :
    : : : [snip]
    : : :
    : : : : : : Unrelated to VoIP. Please don't spam to multiple
    : : : : : : groups.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Ivor
    : : : : :
    : : : : : So why did you do the same?
    : : :
    : : : When did I spam..?
    : :
    : : 08:26:16 02/09/2007...?

    How was that spamming..? I was telling him not to. I wasn't the one who
    posted the original.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 2, 2007
  15. Sab

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones was thinking very hard :
    I think that's what was meant by "why did you do the same?", is all I
    was saying.......you repeated, word for word, to all the same
    newsgroups, the contents of post you were complaining was spam.....

    Jono, Sep 2, 2007