    gone so can't check network situation. There is a www.free-winmx.com
    site but you have to sign up to get your free download, but that
    crashed at the final hurdle.

    GraB, Sep 21, 2005

  2. GraB

    Phstpok Guest

    GraB stubbed out the damp squib on 22/09/2005 4:16 a.m.and tried to
    bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    Winmx, as well as 6 other p2p apps, have been told to cease and desist
    by some overseas court.

    http://p2pnet.net/story/6321

    Phstpok, Sep 21, 2005

  3. GraB

    steve Guest

    The Kazaa network.....operated by Sharmann....(sp?)

    steve, Sep 22, 2005
  4. GraB

    cbotman Guest

    "Slyck.com is reporting that it appears the WinMX network has shut down
    its operations in response to the RIAA's letters threating legal
    action. Although the WinMX network is currently down, this may only be
    temporary as developers seem to have relocated from Canada to Port
    Villa, Vanuatu."

    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/09/21/1948213.shtml?tid=95&tid=17

    cbotman, Sep 22, 2005
  5. T'was the 21 Sep 2005 20:43:11 -0700 when I remembered
    saying something like this:
    I wouldn't mind relocating to Vanuatu, nice weather, nice beaches,
    would be hell on the computers though with the humidity!

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 23, 2005