    It is many months I last posted here but I cannot recognize the group. There
    is so much spam rubbish posted now.
    divoch

    divoch, Dec 12, 2009

  2. divoch

    Dave Higton Guest

    In message <fWTUm.34340$2>
    Get yourself a good news service. Hint: it may not be free of
    charge.

    I use news.individual.de and it's rare for me to see spam here.

    Dave

    Dave Higton, Dec 12, 2009

  3. divoch

    Graham. Guest

    I can see about 5 such posts since the beginning of the month, if you are seeing considerably
    more I suggest you change your newsserver for one with better filters.
    Mind you, the number of legitimate posts has been low recently, consequently the signal
    to noise ratio looks bad.

    Graham., Dec 12, 2009
  4. divoch

    Brian A Guest

    I agree that this group has changed. I think that the spam has driven
    some people away. Some of the regulars, who were the bedrock of this
    group, are rarely seen now - very sad! It might be that some people come
    here for the first time, and see all the rubbish, so they don't take the
    group seriously and just go away. I use filters in my News Client. I use
    'Pan' on Ubuntu Linux. So, look around for a News client that has good
    filters.
    Having said all that I think that these spammers are a b****y nuisance.
    It is like having a new carpet and then these people come in and ruin it
    with their muddy boots. I really hate them but what can you do?
    Something needs to be done about spam in general, on the Net, it is a
    massive waste of data. It slows the Net down and is bad for everyone.

    Brian A, Dec 13, 2009
  5. divoch

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I'm still here (it was me who started the group, for those with long
    enough memories :D) but I find there doesn't seem to be a lot to say
    these days.

    Still, at least we seem to have lost Ron Chew (although he's still
    around on uk.transport.buses amongst other places :-( )

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 14, 2009
  6. divoch

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Is there?

    I think you need to get a new provider and/or investigate usenet spam
    filtering.

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 14, 2009
  7. divoch

    divoch Guest

    My provider, ntl , now virginmedia, has not changed. Maybe I need to do
    something about filtering but only because there is that much more spam.
    Maybe I shall not bother because, as Ivor pointed out, there is probably not
    that much new and relevant to say.

    divoch

    divoch, Dec 14, 2009
  8. divoch

    Mike Guest

    Maybe that's the problem Ivor? Hey Ron ..... :)

    Mike, Dec 14, 2009
  9. divoch

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Oh no, don't encourage him..! :p

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 15, 2009
  10. divoch

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    That's because your news provider is doing nothing about it.

    Indeed, they were crap before and still are.

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 18, 2009
  11. divoch

    James Martin Guest

    Indeed Virginmedia are only good at collecting their monthly
    subscriptions the whole of the rest of what they provide are like you
    say CRA including their staff ((.

    James Martin, Dec 18, 2009