    NTFS pc1 --> FAT32 usb drive --> NTFS pc2

    Thanks!

    PS- I can't get the usb drive to convert or format to NTFS.

    MandG, May 21, 2007

  2. MandG

    GHalleck Guest

    Nothing. The formatting type has nothing to do with the contents
    of a file since the OS natively supports either FAT32 or NTFS. On
    the other hand, if a BinHex file from a Macintosh is copied to an
    USB flash drive, the Windows PC machine might have problems at seeing
    that file, depending on what converters had been installed.

    GHalleck, May 21, 2007

  3. The different "forks" of a Mac file do not make sense to a PC. Of course
    utilities exist to do some translating, but basically you were correct,
    NTFS and FAT partitions/drives don't really matter, it's the OS that can
    use them or not.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 21, 2007
  4. Not a problem, fire at will.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 21, 2007
  5. MandG

    Pennywise Guest

    I used to run an AmigA chat board (BBS) Lots of folks were suprise'd
    that IBM, Mac, and Atari files could be uploaded and downloaded to and
    from my board.

    Same thing, just a format, doesn't care what's stored on it; it's all
    0 and 1's to it.
    http://redmondmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=643

    Pennywise, May 21, 2007
  6. MandG

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, May 21, 2007
  7. MandG

    Scraggy Guest

    Why? What's Will done?

    Scraggy, May 21, 2007
  8. Will you quit it? Jeez.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 21, 2007