    I am thinking of doing these two exams in the next couple of months. But
    when Vista is released what will happen. Will i have to do new Vista
    versions or will there be a upgrade option?

    Woody, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Woody

    Bachelor27 Guest

    I think there will be an upgrade option. Otherwise all MCSDs will have a hard
    time.

    Bachelor27, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Woody

    Lasher Guest

    ---From Microsoft---

    MCSE, MCSA, or MCDST? You do not need to do anything at this point. When
    Microsoft releases the next version of the Microsoft Windows client and
    server products, the new credentials will follow the new structure with
    a Technology and Professional series. MCSEs, MCSAs, and MCDSTs will be
    offered an upgrade path to the new credentials.

    ---From Myself---

    There will most likely be an upgrade path that MCDST's will have. I
    don't expect the certification to be immediate, however I do expect that
    there will be one, just like the MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003. In the long
    run, it will benefit those who have both certifications just as much as
    it benefits those who have the former mentioned certifications because
    they're both still accredited and recognized by Microsoft.

    I would recommend to go ahead and get the MCSA 2003 now if you can push
    yourself if that's what you want to do so that the requirement elective
    isn't based upon MCDST: Windows Vista.

    Lasher, Feb 1, 2006