  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I've known about it for that long. This was just one incident I hadn't read about.

    RichA, Jun 11, 2014

  3. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    And typical RichA, doesn't know that archtects are not engineers.

    J. Clarke, Jun 11, 2014
  4. RichA

    Rikishi42 Guest

    ....and you don't want to call an engineer 'architect'. That's a serious
    offence.

    Actually, in Belgium, calling someone an architect is recognised as an
    insult in court.

    Rikishi42, Jun 11, 2014
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    The architectural engineer (PE) in the United States
    Main article: Architectural engineer (PE)

    In many jurisdictions of the United States, the architectural engineer is alicensed engineering professional.[2] Usually a graduate of an architectural engineering university program preparing students to perform whole-building design in competition with architect-engineer teams; or for practice inone of structural, mechanical or electrical fields of building design, butwith an appreciation of integrated architectural requirements.

    Formal architectural engineering education, following the engineering modelof earlier disciplines, developed in the late 19th century, and became widespread in the United States by the mid-20th century. With the establishment of a specific "architectural engineering" NCEES Professional Engineering registration examination in the 1990s, and first offering in April 2003, architectural engineering became recognized as a distinct engineering discipline in the United States. Architectural engineers are not entitled to practice architecture unless they are also licensed as architects.

    RichA, Jun 12, 2014
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I find it amazing that at least one engineer (they are all required to take basic physical sciences their 1st year in university) didn't bother to tap the "architects" on the shoulders and mention that the plans had a flaw in them.

    RichA, Jun 12, 2014
  7. RichA

    Me Guest

    A NY based architect as it turns out.
    And he's made the same err... miscalculation before...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vdara#Solar_convergence_or_.22death_ray.22

    Then suggested the cause of the problem was related to global warming.
    "When I first came to London years ago, it wasn't like this ... Now you
    have all these sunny days."

    Me, Jun 12, 2014