    I enjoy playing games on the pc and want to know what to go for between
    NVidia GEforce or Radeon for the best graphics etc.And at a reasonable price
    too.

    Tim, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Tim

    Trax Guest

    |>I enjoy playing games on the pc and want to know what to go for between
    |>NVidia GEforce or Radeon for the best graphics etc.And at a reasonable price
    |>too.

    Might read this Slashdot article http://tinyurl.com/94nx9 about
    unlocking the GeForce 6800

    Trax, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Tim

    Rich Wilson Guest

    Last time I checked, the general opinion amongst people who knew seemed to
    be heavily in favour of NVidia over ATI.

    Rich Wilson, Dec 17, 2005
  4. Tim

    Mitch Guest

    Those are not specific enough to give any useful comment; you are
    mentioning only series names, not models.
    As far as I know, almost all NVidia cards are GEForce and almost all
    ATI cards are Radeon.

    Mitch, Dec 18, 2005
  5. Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mitch spewed forth:
    <vbg>

    Toolman Tim, Dec 18, 2005
  6. Tim

    Mitch Guest

    I'm curious to see what answers he gets, though.
    It used to be that these two traded top position regularly, but surely
    one of them owns a technology that more games use than the other.

    And I'd love to hear what people think is a great card for a low price.

    Last I read, a big new feature was cooperative processing (SLI), but no
    games used it.

    Mitch, Dec 18, 2005
  7. Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mitch spewed forth:
    Yeah - the last two systems people had me build had nVidia cards. They were
    gamers - didn't want to put the hardware together themselves, although they
    did the research and selected their own parts. I built the boxes, installed
    Windows and did hardware checks. After that, they're on their own :)

    Toolman Tim, Dec 18, 2005
  8. Tim

    Mitch Guest

    Good thing you got out of the way.
    Between two gamers, you might get fingers pointed at you, going off
    this way and that, making little 'pew, pew' sounds.

    You notice no one else commented that one technology is more important
    in gaming? I've been wondering since that post, but no one said.

    Mitch, Dec 22, 2005
  9. Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mitch spewed forth:
    Yeah - but this newsgroup really doesn't seem to get a lot of action from
    die-hard gamers. Most of them probably don't need that much help with their
    computers <g> I'm sure if this same issue would be brought up in a game
    related forum it would be quite a heated discussion.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 22, 2005