    prevent damage if a drop of water accidently hits them?

    Thx,
    RR

    Ralph O'Rourke, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Ralph O'Rourke

    Savidge4 Guest

    Michael's Arts & Crafts had a matte finish spray. But I was looking
    all that you have asked for and more! http://www.superfrog.com/frogjuice.html I
    use this product on a regular basis and love it. gives you a nice glossy clear
    cote as well as uv protection. Nothing but a good thing!

    Savidge4, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Ralph O'Rourke

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jan 14, 2004
  4. This doesn't make a lick of sense.

    How is NONE going to protect from wqter damage?

    Ralph O'Rourke, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Ralph O'Rourke

    PhotoMan Guest

    Maybe he never allows his prints to come in contact with wqter.

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Ralph O'Rourke

    David Guest

    Why bother with a fixative. just mount your prints behind glass.

    David

    David, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Ralph O'Rourke

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Ralph O'Rourke

    Bruce A Guest

    Hair spray is an old trick as a fixitive for a lot of arts and crafts (I
    belive a number of hair sprays are basically lacquer). Given that it is
    likely easy to replace the print, why don't you give it a try and see if you
    like the results?

    Your local camera shop may have some suggestions as well. For critical
    prints, you might want to consider conventional "development" of your
    digital shots.

    Final comment - if the picture is a gift, include a CD of the picture -
    which would allow the person to replace the print should it be ruined.

    Cheers!

    Bruce A

    Bruce A, Jan 14, 2004
  9. Ralph O'Rourke

    John Horner Guest

    Ack! Nothing would be my suggestion if you care about print longevity. The
    chemical relationships required to get decent life times out of inkjet
    prints (or any color print for that matter) are delicate beasts and one is
    really asking for trouble spraying unknown, untested stuff on them.

    If this is a concern for you, switch to an Epson pigment based printer or
    another one with water resistant inks. One of my favorite demonstrations is
    to stick one of my Epson 2200 pigment prints on Enhanced Matte paper under
    the water faucet.

    If you care about print longevity and resistance to moisture then use a
    printer/ink/paper combination designed for the job.

    John

    John Horner, Jan 14, 2004
  10. Ralph O'Rourke

    Neon John Guest

    Hair spray doesn't do much. Someone else recommended Frog Juice. That is
    good stuff. I use it in my sign business. For something available locally,
    try Krylon Krystal Clear spray. Light weight and very fast drying. Varies
    from reasonably to totally waterproof, depending on how much you apply.

    John

    Neon John, Jan 14, 2004
  11. Ralph O'Rourke

    mark herring Guest

    AMEN!!!

    This recommendation is roughly analogous to an old saw about how it is hard
    to improve systems by adding parts

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    *

    mark herring, Jan 14, 2004
  12. Thank you for the suggestion. The next time I'm at Lowe's, I'll pick
    up a can oif Krylon.

    And thanks also to the person who mentioned Frog Juice <gak!-what a
    name!>.

    I posted and received a reply from SuperFrog himself, who said they
    had teriffic results when using it on inkjet photos. Two years later
    photos still look good---no yellowing, fading, cracking, etc..So I
    also order a few cans of that stuff also.

    RR

    Ralph O'Rourke, Jan 14, 2004
  13. Ralph O'Rourke

    ~XO~ Guest

    Correct me if I am wrong, don't most of the inkjet glossy papers (Well, except Kodak) in the market have water resistance?

    ~XO~, Jan 15, 2004
  14. Ralph O'Rourke

    George Guest

    From what I've seen (with a HP printer) is that the problem is with the INK,
    not the paper.

    except Kodak) in the market have water resistance?

    George, Jan 16, 2004
  15. Ralph O'Rourke

    George Guest

    Dye sublimation prints don't have this problem. Kodak 8500 is one such
    printer.

    George, Jan 16, 2004