    mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    Goth Loser, Jun 8, 2005

  2. On 7 Jun 2005 20:25:59 -0700, "Goth Loser" <>
    wrote:

    >Is this like a war of attrition on the insurgents' caches of
    >explosives? There seems to be an awful lot of folks driving around
    >getting blown up and not even getting a shot off from their rifles. I
    >mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    >brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    >squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    I heard a General in Iraq interviewed on TV. Short version - the
    early ones were primitive but we were unprepared. Over time we got
    better as spotting them and putting armor where it counts. They got
    better at making more sophisticated ones and hiding them. At the
    moment he described it as a day to day see-saw escalation.

    --
    W§ mostly in m.s - http://members.1stconnect.com/anozira

    Winston Smith, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Goth Loser

    Willcox Guest

    This will go on until the insurgents feel they can't win. The press
    bashing Bush and the military night after night isn't helping.

    Willcox, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:39:17 -0700, Winston Smith
    <> wrote:

    >On 7 Jun 2005 20:25:59 -0700, "Goth Loser" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Is this like a war of attrition on the insurgents' caches of
    >>explosives? There seems to be an awful lot of folks driving around
    >>getting blown up and not even getting a shot off from their rifles. I
    >>mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    >>brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    >>squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    >I heard a General in Iraq interviewed on TV. Short version - the
    >early ones were primitive but we were unprepared. Over time we got
    >better as spotting them and putting armor where it counts. They got
    >better at making more sophisticated ones and hiding them. At the
    >moment he described it as a day to day see-saw escalation.

    IEDs can be put anywhere. There is NO defense that will ever be 100%.

    Like no one can ever hide from a determined assasin. The only thing
    you can do is kill the bomb makers and the assasin before they killl
    you.

    Gunner

    Think of it as having your older brother knock the shit out of you
    for torturing the cat." Gunner

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005
  5. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:06:38 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:

    >Never check history before invading a country to steal their resources. it's
    >a waste of time.

    Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    worthless value.

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Goth Loser

    XTS Guest

    "Gunner" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:06:38 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Never check history before invading a country to steal their resources.

    it's
    > >a waste of time.

    > Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    > worthless value.
    >
    > Gunner

    Well, gunner, perhaps you sould read some history. When there is an
    invasion, there is resitance. Ever heard of the French reistance, it's
    historical gunner. How about the resistance by the Hungarians, and the
    Poles in 1958 gunner. If Bush would bother to read, he woud have known his
    armies would meet resitance, but by him, and rumsfelds own admission, they
    did not figure on stiff reisitance.

    And since it's the restience that is making the devises that are blowing our
    kids up, it was Bush, Rumsfeld who made the fatal flaw, but they are not the
    fatalities, the fatalities are just kids.

    The Ceasers did not figure the resitance of a few horders of barbarians
    either gunner. Did their empire last the mellenia they figured on, nope,
    why, because of the resistance to their empire.

    So, gunner, you show the fatal flaw, and you and I can debate it, but since
    you can't gunner, you are dismissed as another one sentence wonder, who
    offers no rebuttal, only bullshit...gunner..lol...sure you are.

    XTS, Jun 8, 2005
  7. "Gunner" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:06:38 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Never check history before invading a country to steal their resources.
    >>it's
    >>a waste of time.

    > Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    > worthless value.

    Actually he just made you look like a buffoon. He presented you with a
    myriad of points and situations that directly countered your trite
    accusation that somehow the war would be "going better" if it just weren't
    for that darn media and you reponded with "grunt".

    The media is hardly to blame for the incompetence of the administration.

    How are those flowers we are collecting from the people? They still throwing
    them?

    Chance Hopkins, Jun 8, 2005
  8. XTS wrote:
    > "Gunner" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:06:38 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Never check history before invading a country to steal their resources.

    > it's
    >
    >>>a waste of time.

    >>Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    >>worthless value.
    >>
    >>Gunner

    > Well, gunner, perhaps you sould read some history. When there is an
    > invasion, there is resitance. Ever heard of the French reistance, it's
    > historical gunner. How about the resistance by the Hungarians, and the
    > Poles in 1958 gunner. If Bush would bother to read, he woud have known his
    > armies would meet resitance, but by him, and rumsfelds own admission, they
    > did not figure on stiff reisitance.
    >
    > And since it's the restience that is making the devises that are blowing our
    > kids up, it was Bush, Rumsfeld who made the fatal flaw, but they are not the
    > fatalities, the fatalities are just kids.
    >
    > The Ceasers did not figure the resitance of a few horders of barbarians
    > either gunner. Did their empire last the mellenia they figured on, nope,
    > why, because of the resistance to their empire.
    >
    > So, gunner, you show the fatal flaw, and you and I can debate it, but since
    > you can't gunner, you are dismissed as another one sentence wonder, who
    > offers no rebuttal, only bullshit...gunner..lol...sure you are.
    >

    >>"Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire.
    >>Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us)
    >>off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give
    >>them self determination under "play nice" rules.
    >>
    >>Think of it as having your older brother knock the shit out of you
    >>for torturing the cat." Gunner

    So by your figuring we should be seeing all kinds of Killing and
    bombings in the southern states that tried to leave the Union and were
    invaded by forces of the Northern States in 1865.

    Yet the southern states are relatively peaceful but you take your life
    in your hands if you visit Boston, New York, Washington DC, Chicago,
    Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia, and we won't even Mention Las Angles.

    I wonder how this worked out??????

    --
    He who establishes a tyranny and does not kill Brutus,
    and he who establishes a democratic regime and does not kill

    Niccolo Machiavelli

    Pope Secola VI, Jun 8, 2005
  9. Goth Loser

    Frank White Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Is this like a war of attrition on the insurgents' caches of
    >explosives?

    The evaluations I've seen are that, between the massive weapons/
    explosives caches Saddam had set up around the country which are
    now in insurgent hands, and the free flow of same into Iraq, the
    insurgents basically have unlimited materials on which to draw.

    > There seems to be an awful lot of folks driving around
    >getting blown up and not even getting a shot off from their rifles. I
    >mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    >brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    >squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    Well, given that you might accidently hit a Pat Tillman with
    those few rounds instead of an insurgent...

    But I don't think we have a strategy except looking out for them,
    and prayer.

    FW

    Frank White, Jun 8, 2005
  10. Goth Loser

    XTS Guest

    "Pope Secola VI" <> wrote in message
    > XTS wrote:
    > > "Gunner" <> wrote in message

    > > it's

    > >>Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    > >>worthless value.
    > >>
    > >>Gunner

    > > Well, gunner, perhaps you sould read some history. When there is an
    > > invasion, there is resitance. Ever heard of the French reistance, it's
    > > historical gunner. How about the resistance by the Hungarians, and the
    > > Poles in 1958 gunner. If Bush would bother to read, he woud have known

    his
    > > armies would meet resitance, but by him, and rumsfelds own admission,

    they
    > > did not figure on stiff reisitance.
    > >
    > > And since it's the restience that is making the devises that are blowing

    our
    > > kids up, it was Bush, Rumsfeld who made the fatal flaw, but they are not

    the
    > > fatalities, the fatalities are just kids.
    > >
    > > The Ceasers did not figure the resitance of a few horders of barbarians
    > > either gunner. Did their empire last the mellenia they figured on,

    nope,
    > > why, because of the resistance to their empire.
    > >
    > > So, gunner, you show the fatal flaw, and you and I can debate it, but

    since
    > > you can't gunner, you are dismissed as another one sentence wonder, who
    > > offers no rebuttal, only bullshit...gunner..lol...sure you are.
    > >

    > >>"Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire.
    > >>Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us)
    > >>off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give
    > >>them self determination under "play nice" rules.
    > >>
    > >>Think of it as having your older brother knock the shit out of you
    > >>for torturing the cat." Gunner

    > So by your figuring we should be seeing all kinds of Killing and
    > bombings in the southern states that tried to leave the Union and were
    > invaded by forces of the Northern States in 1865.
    >
    > Yet the southern states are relatively peaceful but you take your life
    > in your hands if you visit Boston, New York, Washington DC, Chicago,
    > Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia, and we won't even Mention Las

    Angles.

    Many people of darker skin color would argue the opposite.

    Their churches were bombed.
    Their husbands and fathers were murdered, hung by their necks, whipped,
    beaten shot and their bodies ripped to shreds.
    Their homes burned to the ground.

    Their children were not allowed to go to school. Confederate flags hung as a
    warning where Black people dare not tread. They were not allowed to vote,
    and were told they had to pass tests just to register to vote.

    White people who sympathised with the struggle of Black Human Beings were
    found buried in dumps, and murdered by the roadside.

    American terroritsts organizations wore sheets over their bodies, as they
    burned crosses in their yards to terrorize them.

    Young black men were murdered because they spoke to a white girl. Black
    men who spoke out were tied to railroad tracks, and the sheriff determined
    it was suicide.

    Black people were then, and still are deemed by southern racists as
    sub-humans, monkeys and devils.

    Morris Dees, a white man, of the Southern Poverty Law Center, was slandered
    threatened and ridiculed because he exposed these racists terrorists.

    Should I go on, or do you get it? It's the perspective of where you are
    from and the color of your skin. I know what the point of your post was, as
    disjointed and cryptic as it was, your message was loud and clear.

    The south has never lacked it's share of violence, and you implications of
    the south being "relativley peaceful" is absurd.

    > I wonder how this worked out??????

    Ever heard of Rosewood, Medgar Evers, Dr. Martin Luther King... If the south
    is peaceful, then heaven is hell, and hell is heaven.

    BTW-Only one question mark is ever needed.

    XTS, Jun 8, 2005
  11. Goth Loser

    XTS Guest

    "Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
    > In article <>,

    says...

    > >Is this like a war of attrition on the insurgents' caches of
    > >explosives?

    > The evaluations I've seen are that, between the massive weapons/
    > explosives caches Saddam had set up around the country which are
    > now in insurgent hands, and the free flow of same into Iraq, the
    > insurgents basically have unlimited materials on which to draw.
    >
    > > There seems to be an awful lot of folks driving around
    > >getting blown up and not even getting a shot off from their rifles. I
    > >mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    > >brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    > >squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    > Well, given that you might accidently hit a Pat Tillman with
    > those few rounds instead of an insurgent...
    >
    > But I don't think we have a strategy except looking out for them,
    > and prayer.

    Looking out for them? Prayer?

    No, we need to demand they be brought home. Their deaths are needless. How
    can we look out for our children when they are half a world away?

    What good will prayer do, bush prays, and more kids die.

    It's time to get off your lazzy asses, get on your feet, and demand this
    bullshit come to an end. Unless you are among those who are being
    entertained by the macabre debcable. Then, your tears are glycerin and your
    prayers are offered to the god of death.

    XTS, Jun 8, 2005
  12. On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:42:18 -0700, in rec.photo.digital ,
    (Willcox) in
    <1gxt2vp.1wpz0iufc6c54N%> wrote:

    >This will go on until the insurgents feel they can't win. The press
    >bashing Bush and the military night after night isn't helping.

    Unless, of course, it leads to more effective actions by the
    administration and the military. Some of us think that a free press is
    a good thing, not a luxury.

    >Goth Loser <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is this like a war of attrition on the insurgents' caches of
    >> explosives? There seems to be an awful lot of folks driving around
    >> getting blown up and not even getting a shot off from their rifles. I
    >> mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    >> brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    >> squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Jun 8, 2005
  13. On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 06:05:34 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , Pope Secola
    VI <> in <>
    wrote:

    >XTS wrote:
    >> "Gunner" <> wrote in message

    >> it's

    >>>Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    >>>worthless value.
    >>>
    >>>Gunner

    >> Well, gunner, perhaps you sould read some history. When there is an
    >> invasion, there is resitance. Ever heard of the French reistance, it's
    >> historical gunner. How about the resistance by the Hungarians, and the
    >> Poles in 1958 gunner. If Bush would bother to read, he woud have known his
    >> armies would meet resitance, but by him, and rumsfelds own admission, they
    >> did not figure on stiff reisitance.
    >>
    >> And since it's the restience that is making the devises that are blowing our
    >> kids up, it was Bush, Rumsfeld who made the fatal flaw, but they are not the
    >> fatalities, the fatalities are just kids.
    >>
    >> The Ceasers did not figure the resitance of a few horders of barbarians
    >> either gunner. Did their empire last the mellenia they figured on, nope,
    >> why, because of the resistance to their empire.
    >>
    >> So, gunner, you show the fatal flaw, and you and I can debate it, but since
    >> you can't gunner, you are dismissed as another one sentence wonder, who
    >> offers no rebuttal, only bullshit...gunner..lol...sure you are.
    >>

    >>>"Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire.
    >>>Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us)
    >>>off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give
    >>>them self determination under "play nice" rules.
    >>>
    >>>Think of it as having your older brother knock the shit out of you
    >>>for torturing the cat." Gunner

    >So by your figuring we should be seeing all kinds of Killing and
    >bombings in the southern states that tried to leave the Union and were
    >invaded by forces of the Northern States in 1865.

    We did in the period following the war. You might also look at
    lynching rates during the first half of the 20th C.

    >Yet the southern states are relatively peaceful but you take your life
    >in your hands if you visit Boston, New York, Washington DC, Chicago,
    >Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia, and we won't even Mention Las Angles.

    Not what I read here:
    http://www.fbi.gov/filelink.html?file=/ucr/cius_03/xl/03tbl05.xls

    Perhaps you have better information. Look here,
    http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm, perhaps you can cherry pick some data.

    >I wonder how this worked out??????

    Lots of time, some federal intervention, interstate migration.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Jun 8, 2005
  14. Goth Loser

    Stuart Grey Guest

    Goth Loser wrote:
    > Is this like a war of attrition on the insurgents' caches of
    > explosives? There seems to be an awful lot of folks driving around
    > getting blown up and not even getting a shot off from their rifles. I
    > mean it's one thing to volunteer for your country and another to be
    > brave enough to face combat but at the very least wouldn't you want to
    > squeeze a few rounds off in anger before coming home in pieces?

    Things like this happened quite often after WW II in Germany.
    Insurgents, fighting on after the war, would attack American units.

    The GC is quite clear; if the enemy holds a city, that city can be bombed.

    General Patton would order that small arms fire be returned with
    artilary. Entire city blocks would be leveled. On thing was for sure, if
    you let the insurgents use your proprty to launch an attack against the
    Americans, you only did it once. Entire towns became sensitive to the
    presence of any possible insurgent, as it could mean that their town
    would become a "third army memorial".

    Sounds like war is hell. Patton's method worked.

    But, we're much smarter now. We're fighting a kinder, gentler war where
    our toops take off their cover and kneel while asking enemy civilians
    "see any insurgents around here?"

    All Mohamed is going to do is idenfity Achmed, who looked crosswise at
    his sister, as an insurgent so that the US Army will take him out.

    Stuart Grey, Jun 8, 2005
  15. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:54:11 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:

    >"Gunner" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:06:38 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Never check history before invading a country to steal their resources.

    >it's
    >> >a waste of time.

    >> Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    >> worthless value.
    >>
    >> Gunner

    >Well, gunner, perhaps you sould read some history. When there is an
    >invasion, there is resitance. Ever heard of the French reistance, it's
    >historical gunner. How about the resistance by the Hungarians, and the
    >Poles in 1958 gunner. If Bush would bother to read, he woud have known his
    >armies would meet resitance, but by him, and rumsfelds own admission, they
    >did not figure on stiff reisitance.

    Of course Ive heard of them. Im a military historian (amature). And
    as you will note..they were no more than mere thorns in the sides of
    the invaders. You will also note that we do not do as the Germans and
    Russians did...kill one in 10 of the local villagers etc etc.

    >And since it's the restience that is making the devises that are blowing our
    >kids up, it was Bush, Rumsfeld who made the fatal flaw, but they are not the
    >fatalities, the fatalities are just kids.

    Yes and? You are of course aware that a goodly percentage of those
    "resistance" members are foriegn mercenaries and jihadists? The rest
    of course are Baathists and wanna be warlords fighting for their piece
    of the pie. Think of it as the Bloods and Crips trying to fight off
    the police during a crackdown on crack dealers.

    >The Ceasers did not figure the resitance of a few horders of barbarians
    >either gunner. Did their empire last the mellenia they figured on, nope,
    >why, because of the resistance to their empire.
    >
    >So, gunner, you show the fatal flaw, and you and I can debate it, but since
    >you can't gunner, you are dismissed as another one sentence wonder, who
    >offers no rebuttal, only bullshit...gunner..lol...sure you are.

    (valley girl voice) Whatever.

    As to the fatal flaw..your insistance that "we invaded to steal their
    resources" indicates to me that the rest of your arguments are just as
    corrupt and unviable.

    It must absolutely suck to be you.

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005
  16. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:39:48 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:

    >Ever heard of Rosewood, Medgar Evers, Dr. Martin Luther King... If the south
    >is peaceful, then heaven is hell, and hell is heaven.
    >
    >BTW-Only one question mark is ever needed.

    You have a problem with dates and generational concepts,dont you?

    a murder 37 yrs ago indicates that the South is a racist hotbed today?

    Btw...who is the Mayor of Atlanta. Could it be... a black woman?
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Black southern politicians? Oh no! There are only 900+ of them now
    running things below the Mason Dixon line.

    Perhaps thats why the last black church burned 40 yrs ago, by racists.
    40 yrs ago you werent even a snail track down your momma's leg and a
    fiver left on the dresser by your dad on his way out.

    Btw-more than two brain cells are needed. Try to round up a few more,
    and a much better grasp of history, past and current.

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005
  17. In article <>, Pope Secola VI
    <> wrote:

    > XTS wrote:
    > > "Gunner" <> wrote in message

    > > it's

    > >>Fatally flawed implication. Rest of the buffoons post is of equally
    > >>worthless value.
    > >>
    > >>Gunner

    > > Well, gunner, perhaps you sould read some history. When there is an
    > > invasion, there is resitance. Ever heard of the French reistance, it's
    > > historical gunner. How about the resistance by the Hungarians, and the
    > > Poles in 1958 gunner. If Bush would bother to read, he woud have known his
    > > armies would meet resitance, but by him, and rumsfelds own admission, they
    > > did not figure on stiff reisitance.
    > >
    > > And since it's the restience that is making the devises that are blowing our
    > > kids up, it was Bush, Rumsfeld who made the fatal flaw, but they are not the
    > > fatalities, the fatalities are just kids.
    > >
    > > The Ceasers did not figure the resitance of a few horders of barbarians
    > > either gunner. Did their empire last the mellenia they figured on, nope,
    > > why, because of the resistance to their empire.
    > >
    > > So, gunner, you show the fatal flaw, and you and I can debate it, but since
    > > you can't gunner, you are dismissed as another one sentence wonder, who
    > > offers no rebuttal, only bullshit...gunner..lol...sure you are.
    > >

    > >>"Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire.
    > >>Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us)
    > >>off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give
    > >>them self determination under "play nice" rules.
    > >>
    > >>Think of it as having your older brother knock the shit out of you
    > >>for torturing the cat." Gunner

    > So by your figuring we should be seeing all kinds of Killing and
    > bombings in the southern states that tried to leave the Union and were
    > invaded by forces of the Northern States in 1865.
    >
    > Yet the southern states are relatively peaceful but you take your life
    > in your hands if you visit Boston, New York, Washington DC, Chicago,
    > Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia, and we won't even Mention Las Angles.

    You have never actually been to any of those places, have you?

    Jack A. Lopes, Jun 8, 2005
  18. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:16:36 GMT, Matt Silberstein
    <> wrote:

    >>So by your figuring we should be seeing all kinds of Killing and
    >>bombings in the southern states that tried to leave the Union and were
    >>invaded by forces of the Northern States in 1865.

    >We did in the period following the war. You might also look at
    >lynching rates during the first half of the 20th C.

    And AFTER the second half?

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005
  19. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:25:13 GMT, "Chance Hopkins"
    <> wrote:

    >Actually he just made you look like a buffoon. He presented you with a
    >myriad of points and situations that directly countered your trite
    >accusation that somehow the war would be "going better" if it just weren't
    >for that darn media and you reponded with "grunt".

    If you call half assed points and outright errors presented as
    "counters"...you perhaps need some regrooving.

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005
  20. Goth Loser

    Gunner Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:49:37 GMT, "XTS" <> wrote:

    >It's time to get off your lazzy asses, get on your feet, and demand this
    >bullshit come to an end. Unless you are among those who are being
    >entertained by the macabre debcable. Then, your tears are glycerin and your
    >prayers are offered to the god of death.

    Tell you what..come on by the homestead, and Ill loan you an SMLE and
    a spam can of ammo and you can go charge the barricades in DC and
    demand the troops come home.

    Works for me.

    Gunner, Jun 8, 2005