    1) Would I still be an MCSA?
    2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
    3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

    PedroAsani, Mar 4, 2008

  2. PedroAsani

    John R Guest

    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

    What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams, not
    the exam credit.

    John R

    John R, Mar 4, 2008

  3. PedroAsani

    John R Guest

    Better stated...

    What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams, not
    the credit already earned for sucessfully completed exams.

    John R

    John R, Mar 4, 2008
  4. PedroAsani

    PedroAsani Guest

    Excellent. Thanks for that.

    PedroAsani, Mar 4, 2008
  5. Basically, the opportunity to take the exam is gone. You will still earn
    your certifications if you take them before they are retired.

    Good luck!

    Dustin Harper, Mar 4, 2008
  6. PedroAsani

    PedroAsani Guest

    I passed my 298. So I should have my MCSE now, right?

    270, 227, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298 = MCSE

    But my transcript shows the 298, but not the MCSE certification. Does that
    take longer to go through?

    PedroAsani, Mar 8, 2008
  7. Yes, it probably hasn't shown up yet. But, it does still count until it is
    retired.

    Dustin Harper, Mar 8, 2008
  8. PedroAsani

    John R Guest

    Normally, certs earned show up one to three days after the test shows up.
    It certainly looks to me like you have MCSE 2003, congrats!!!

    John R

    John R, Mar 8, 2008
  9. PedroAsani

    John R Guest

    It counts after the exam is retired as well. As long as you get it on your
    transcript, you can use it for whatever it is accepted for after the
    retirement date. Again, the only thing that retires is the opportunity to
    take the exam, not the credit earned if you took it and passed.

    John R

    John R, Mar 8, 2008