    inactivity. Account: 'pop.XXXX.com', Server: 'pop.XXXX.com', Protocol: POP3,
    Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    Help?

    nc, Nov 8, 2003

  2. nc

    °Mike° Guest

    Doesn't anybody actually *read* error messages?
    HINT: "Possible causes for this include server problems,
    network problems, or a long period of inactivity."

    Try again later, and contact your ISP if you continue to
    experience problems.

    °Mike°, Nov 8, 2003

  3. nc

    nc Guest

    nc, Nov 8, 2003
  4. nc

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, let's see; you're too dumb to read the error message,
    which actually gives you the first answer on that MS link,
    and you are also too dumb to include text when replying to
    a post. So that makes you a dumbass to my smartass, eh?

    °Mike°, Nov 8, 2003
  5. nc

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Nov 8, 2003
  6. nc

    nc Guest

    Turns out (thanks to the link I was so helpfully given, thanks) it's down to
    an Norton Anti-virus update. Turning off virus scanning for incoming email
    solved the problem. Nothing to do with servers, network problems or
    inactivity. ahem.

    (before opening mouth, ensure brain is engaged)

    nc, Nov 8, 2003
  7. nc

    sare12

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, the error message is incorrect.

    =°Mike°: I called my ISP. If I shut off the firewall, it works. So, now what??
    I have windows xp, I shut off the firewall and outlook express works just fine and..it is on my allow list, etc, etc.
    So, it isn't the servers, etc.
    It is obviously norton or windows one live care, one in the same, I suspect.
    I have called the people I need to, I have done more troubleshooting and tests and changing this or that(more than I want to), so pleeeeeaaaaasee....tell us when you figure it out, huh? If I do, I will tell you, deal? Thanks. :egg: :p
    Sare

    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
    sare12, Oct 16, 2006
  8. nc

    sare12

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I agree.

    :p I realize this is a very old post, but maybe someone will read this. I am still seeking help. Outlook express works with firewall shut off, and is on my allow list, etc. I have done everything, short of smashing pc, lol, so I hope someone can help. Thanks.:help:

    sare12, Oct 16, 2006
  9. nc

    ianwjensen

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think Mike works for AOL tech support. :)

    I'm still having the problem and I don't have norton installed. My ISP said they might have SMTP turned off to stop email relay from spammers. It would make sense since I'm using t-mobile hotspots. the only flaw in that is I can use gmail smtp. oh yeah. I am actually getting this for incoming mail as well. any help? except from Mike of course.

    ianwjensen, Jun 25, 2007