    this means?

    Thanks in advance

    ~ Leesa ~

    Leesa_Tay, Apr 4, 2008

  2. Leesa_Tay

    Phat Sam Guest

    It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    Phat Sam, Apr 4, 2008

  3. Leesa_Tay

    dadiOH Guest

    The word is "arriba". It means "above" or "upstairs". Colloquially,
    it is used to mean, "Go, man, GO!"

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Apr 4, 2008
  4. Leesa_Tay

    Whiskers Guest

    Or 'Associate of the Royal Institute of British Architects'. But that
    doesn't seem to have any connection with fist-fighting (at least not the
    sort with gloves that gets onto TV).

    Whiskers, Apr 4, 2008
  5. Leesa_Tay

    Mitch Guest

    The second word was andale.

    Mitch, Apr 4, 2008
  6. Leesa_Tay

    Mara Guest

    Yep. Get up and get going.

    Mara, Apr 4, 2008
  7. Ariba Derche Roma! <grin>

    William Poaster, Apr 4, 2008
  8. Leesa_Tay

    Pennywise Guest

    I used to be the fastest runner at any school I was at -I was at a lot
    (my was in the Air Force) and was used to being called
    Speedy Gonzalas :)

    Until now I just thought - Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! ment hurry,
    go faster :)

    Bt it doesn't, wish I had the internet when I was younger
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060929023057AA8IC3N
    roughly, "Rise up, lets get going!"

    Pennywise, Apr 4, 2008
  9. Leesa_Tay

    Pennywise Guest

    Yep, out sprint anyone, later in life on many different jobs, I'd hear
    "your small enough to fit" :}

    Pennywise, Apr 5, 2008
  10. The smallest boy, eh? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2008
  11. Leesa_Tay

    catchme Guest

    i think the word is arriva- to arrive.
    a-reba is what a certain country singer's might say when calling her.
    "A,....Reba!"

    --
    but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist
    whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters

    catchme, Apr 5, 2008
  12. Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2008
  13. Geoff Pearson, Apr 5, 2008

  14. Dang it! I knew my Latino ladies would say it repeatedly
    quite loudly and sometimes scream it during the heights
    of our romantic interludes, so I *naturally* thought it
    was "Oh God" in Spanish!

    I would think as I ramped up the intensity "That's right,
    you infidel heathen wench, I got your 'Arriba' right here...
    (but tomorrow, you're going back to the Home Depot I got
    you from.)" "Nanny for a day," d'uh, who'd be dumb enuf?

    Now... I don't know if I can *ever* recover the fantasy,
    without "Blinky" standing there dressed like a school
    professor with his handy-dandy Funk & Wagnells in hand.

    Oh well, I guess we could dress him like a Puerto Rican nun....

    Arriva derche, ya'll!

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    Top secrets our government does NOT want YOU to know :

    #42 - Citizens are being secretly abducted into alien motherships.
    (That's why you see so many tennis shoes hanging from power lines.)

    http://www.jonregen.com/audio/WORDS_MUSIC_2006-Finished_Wi.m3u

    Bucky Breeder, Apr 5, 2008
  15. "Other hole! Other hole!"

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2008
  16. Leesa_Tay

    Dan C Guest

    LOL!

    Could it mean: "Put it in! Put it in!" ?

    Dan C, Apr 6, 2008
  17. Leesa_Tay

    Phat Sam Guest

    Hmmm, according to that link, Speedy's saying "I'm happy! I'm Happy!"
    I guess he's running so fast because he just got laid and feels
    great....

    Phat Sam, Apr 7, 2008
  18. Leesa_Tay

    Phat Sam Guest

    Ahh, ya see, there ya go, the Latino Ladies where saying "Go upstairs
    not downstairs...." They where telling you they'd rather give you a
    blow-job! Oh man, why wouldn't you just listen to them?

    Phat Sam, Apr 7, 2008
  19. No. I did not write that. And I knew that it was not arriva.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 8, 2008