  1. jarcar

    jarcar Guest

    regards

    jarcar, Dec 5, 2003

  2. :regards

    A previous posting of mine a few months ago:

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=b7i525$7mh$

    Some recent information I was sent by Cisco indicates that
    enabling 'strict' enables checks on FTP commands and responses, including:
    - check correct number of commas
    - check for CR/LF termination
    - sizes for STOR and RETR are checked against built-in maximums
    - check that PORT or PASV was sent from the correct side of the connection
    - check port numbers for reserved TCP ports
    - check for extra data after the end of port numbers

    Walter Roberson, Dec 5, 2003