    I think it has to do with getting your own IP address.
    I have DSL and have only had this one Zoom bridge modem. It worked
    without me changing any settings.

    Richard Fangnail, Feb 5, 2010

  2. Richard Fangnail

    richard Guest

    A standard modem generally uses a regular cable line and can hook up into
    your computer via USB.
    A bridge modem basically connects to that other larger port that is neither
    the USB port nor phone line connector.
    You might look up bridge modem in the windows help and support files.

    richard, Feb 5, 2010

  3. Richard Fangnail

    Mike Yetto Guest

    He should have pointed out that a /Brooklyn/ Bridge modem has the
    larger port of the left side.

    Mike "when facing down-river" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Feb 5, 2010
  4. Richard Fangnail

    Whiskers Guest

    You need to change your search engine, or something.

    <http://uk.ask.com/web?q=bridge+modem&qsrc=0&o=312&l=dir&dm=all>

    The simplest arrangement for DSL is to have a combined modem/router.

    Whiskers, Feb 5, 2010
  5. Yeah. I had a similar wtf moment too.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Feb 6, 2010
  6. Richard Fangnail

    PeeCee Guest

    To late for that!
    :)
    P.

    PeeCee, Feb 6, 2010
  7. Richard Fangnail

    John Holmes Guest

    Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Amazing, innit?

    John Holmes, Feb 6, 2010
  8. Richard Fangnail

    G. Morgan Guest

    Oh. My. God.

    You are completely incompetent with all matters I.T.

    I can't believe you and Chucktardo actually post "answers" that are
    100% WRONG.

    I don't what's worse. This post from you...
    or, Chucktardo's reply 2 days ago that stated "Optical drives won't
    work in safe mode".

    Why would you post something like this? You didn't get it from a
    search engine, or "windows help and support files" that you
    recommended the OP to look at. You obviously made it up. Did you
    think that no one would notice?

    Seriously, what is your thought process that allows you to post such
    nonsense?

    Google "dsl modem bridge mode" to see how far off-base you are.

    G. Morgan, Feb 6, 2010
  9. Richard Fangnail

    G. Morgan Guest

    Is anyone keeping a log of his and c-Tard's ridiculous answers? It
    would make a damn fine entertainment web site.

    G. Morgan, Feb 6, 2010
  10. Richard Fangnail

    Mike Easter Guest

    Zoom makes a DSL modem they refer to as a bridge modem. It doesn't have
    any router function for the LAN, so you have to connect it to a router.

    http://snipr.com/uad87 Info about the Zoom Model 5515 Bridge Modem - A
    High performance ADSL Modem with Ethernet Interface to connect to your
    Favorite Router - The Bridge Modem is pre-configured to work on most DSL
    Networks. Your Router does all the rest of the connectivity:

    Mike Easter, Feb 6, 2010
  11. I saved that one because it's hilarious...and I might need a laugh
    someday.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Feb 6, 2010
  12. Let me know if it's a website. I'll bookmark it. :)

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Feb 6, 2010
  13. §ñühw¤£f, Feb 6, 2010

  14. You're ALL W - R - O - N - G ! (Unless you're British,
    then you're all "WROUNGE" ... WTF-ever... I say
    poe-tay-toe, and in Canada they say "hey, bring on
    the MAYONNAISE, ehh"...)

    It's actually a metaphorical Simon and Garfunkel song
    about their "secret" homosexual relationship before
    society was ready to accept gay marriages except
    in Greece and lesbian porno flicks - back in the
    last millineum, before all the gas prices went up.

    WORD
    HTH
    GSTQ
    PTL
    PTA

    Happy USA Super Bowl Get Off Work Tomorrow Day to all!

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

    BASEBALL : WITHOUT steroids, it's just ghaa-hay-tag.

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 7, 2010
  15. Richard Fangnail

    Aardvark Guest

    Proper motorcycle trials competition, the Scott Trial, held every year in
    the Yorkshire Dales:

    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Trial >

    Here's a page with a couple of vids of sections of the Scott Trial.
    Remember that the rider loses points for putting a foot down. The Lampkin
    family (one of whom appears in the first vid) are probably the royalty of
    motorcycle trialling:

    < http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/meet-ups-rideouts/21161-scott-trial-
    richmond-yorkshire-dales.html >

    Snurled link:

    < http://snipurl.com/uao2y >

    Aardvark, Feb 7, 2010
  16. Richard Fangnail

    Aardvark Guest

    I think you may be right there.
    I've seen that on the couple of times I've been to MC trials. Proper
    Trials bikes don't have seats and are mostly two-stroke (although I do
    recall seeing a four-stroke Honda in a competition) and I don't think the
    engines are more than 250CC, very low geared- if you're not careful with
    the clutch, you'll pop unwanted wheelies in every gear.
    Yup. A whole different motorcycle configuration from trials.
    Sounds like fun.

    Ever fancy going to the Isle of Man for the TT? Take part in 'Mad Sunday'?

    < http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/ian.huntly/ttwk2.html >

    < http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=tt+mad
    +sunday&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=VftuS4n0BpD00gTr6pXTBA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBcQqwQwAw#
    Snurled link for that:

    < http://snipurl.com/uaohk >

    Aardvark, Feb 7, 2010
  17. Richard Fangnail