What does "(2511) 207.68.172.246 msn.com" mean with respect tolocation...hard drive, I presume...Tha

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cray, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Cray

    Cray Guest

    Cray, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Cray

    Rich Wilson Guest

    207.68.172.246 appears to be the IP address of msn.com, which has nothing to
    do with your hard drive. Don't know what the 2511 is - where did you get it
    from?

    Rich Wilson, Dec 19, 2005

  3.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Cray

    Evan Platt Guest

    Your question goes in the body of the message. The subject is for a
    short, general subject as to what the message pertains to.

    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2005
  5. Cray

    cray Guest

    Thanks for the response:
    The (2511) 207.68.172.246 msn.com was reported as the location of
    a threat by a trial version of spy doctor....hence it was not removed.
    Other locations such as registry and C:\...etc were easily found.
    BTW: Several of these (nnnn) "locations" were listed

    cray

    cray, Dec 19, 2005
  6. Cray

    why? Guest

    You could have perhaps said 2511 was the port number.

    Me

    why?, Dec 19, 2005
  7. Cray

    Rich Wilson Guest

    I'd be impressed if Spy Doctor could completely remove MSN from the
    internet...
    I'm not familiar with the software so I can't really help with that I'm
    afraid. But if it's just msn.com it shouldn't be anything too nasty.

    Rich Wilson, Dec 19, 2005