    whatever the site is called and just end up getting overwhelmed or
    with programs that make everything seem more complicated.
    Thanks

    Arawak, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Arawak

    DC Guest

    Nero does this (burns s/vcd) as I am sure many other burning softs do.

    Find out which video format your DVD player supports (if any) and help
    will be more specific.

    DC, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Arawak

    Ionizer Guest

    You're wanting to create a VCD, assuming that your DVD player is capable
    of playing them. Is your DVD player capable of playing VCDs? What
    burning software came with your burner?

    Ionizer, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    My DVD player supports just about everything Philips DVP642, including
    ..avi files but I want to burn .mpg files so they can be used on my
    Dell D400 laptop while travelling and a DVD player which supports MPEG
    1,2,4. When I looked in the Nero help file for .mpg, it went on about
    splitting the file into audio and video tracks but did not mention any
    instructions about exactly which menu item I need to click to
    accomplish what needs to be done. I have the "complete" Nero package,
    including just about every plug-in that exists. I could burn the file
    as a data file but that is not what I'm trying to do. I just need to
    know which of the formats to choose in Nero.

    Arawak, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    Yes my DVD player supports VCD and SVCD. I have the latest versions of
    Nero and Roxio Easy Media Creator/Easy CD & DVD v6 with updates.

    Arawak, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Arawak

    Ionizer Guest

    Use Nero. Launch it and tell it that you want to "Compile new CD." Click
    "Next" and then select "Other CD formats." Click "Next" and select "Video
    CD." If it's a full-screen (not widescreen!) mpeg movie file, Nero should
    be able to burn a VCD from it in pretty short order.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 8, 2004