    have the parts list i told you all of before. It'll be a P4 2.4c ghz, 1gb
    ddr ram, 2 hard drives, dvdrw, video, onboard audio, lan and usb firewire
    etc.

    Diehard, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    Ok, I'm actually going to buy this case from Best Buy where I work, so I
    will get a discount, :)
    http://www.antec-inc.com/us/support_productInfo_details.php?ProdID=15138#

    Diehard, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    No, but by multiplier locking them, if the chip couldn't actually run that
    much faster, people can no longer up the FSB to 200 and drop the
    multiplier, so it still curbs overclocking.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    A hard drive shouldn't make a high pitched whine...

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    For the system you were discussing, I would go no lower than a 400w quality
    supply.

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 4, 2004
  6. Diehard

    Michael-NC Guest

    Looks Good. By the way, that sound deadening mat simply has an adhesive on
    one side. You cut it to fit your case, then peel off the paper and stick it
    on. The reviews at newegg mentioned reducing high pitched hard drive noise
    several times.

    Michael-NC, Jan 4, 2004
  7. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    Yer right it should not, but one hard drive i had, maxtor well, 2 of them
    did in my other pc. not anymore. and in the sony i took back, it made a
    really bad high pitched whinning noise one day and before that,. nothing. so
    hmm.

    Diehard, Jan 4, 2004
  8. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    Do you put the pad in before parts or after? How do you install the sucker?

    Diehard, Jan 4, 2004
  9. Diehard

    Michael-NC Guest

    Michael-NC, Jan 4, 2004
  10. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    Does anyone know anything about PowerColor Radeon cards? I am seeing a
    couple on this one forum that say they don't like them and to stay away.
    Like they're underclocked. Well I'm guessing that how would you know if it's
    underclocked unless you are a geek and go looking? Geese. Like they don't
    just install it and use it. I got a powercolor radeon 9600 pro for my dad,
    in those parts list you saw from newegg $149. makes me somewhat nervous, but
    i dont think we'll notice anything as long as it plays games good.

    Diehard, Jan 4, 2004
  11. Diehard

    Michael-NC Guest

    They are referring to the core and memory speeds. You see, nVidia and ATI
    sells the core or GPU, (graphics processing unit) to the board makers like
    Power Color and PNY. Those board makers then either use the reference design
    from nVidia or ATI or come up with their own cooling solution to run the
    core faster than it's rated speed as well as use high quality ram with a
    cooling solution to run it at it's maximum speed. That's why you see
    differences in speed from 2 cards that use the same core. Your card is just
    fine. Hardware is way ahead of software and your card will play all the
    games that are out now as well as games that are coming out this year and
    next. Don't fall for all the hype about having the latest, fastest silicon.
    You just don't need it.

    Michael-NC, Jan 4, 2004
  12. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    its funny cus i asked in the forum and no one said, they replyed with stay
    away, and jokes. so then i replyed saying if you can't give a reason dont
    reply, and if you cant give a personal experience reason, bla bla bla. i got
    upset they joked and didn't have anything to say that answered my question.

    Diehard, Jan 4, 2004
  13. Diehard

    Michael-NC Guest

    Personally, it doesn't pay to get upset with anything you may hear or read
    on a Usenet or internet forum. There are people who take great sport in
    upsetting others and some just like to argue... Ahem...

    This forum is by and large, pretty civil but it has had it's moments.

    One more tip. Google is your friend...

    Michael-NC, Jan 4, 2004
  14. Diehard

    Paul Guest

    You are replying to a posting from *Jan 2, 2004* from USENET.
    Surely some kind of record, for late advice.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.computer/msg/efb3ec2858c52171

    If you want to join the real world, get a copy of Thunderbird,
    then connect to the free news server nntp.aioe.org . There you
    can find posts from 2008. When prompted, set up a "news" account.

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

    Picture of the Thunderbird screen.

    http://atyourserv.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/thunderbird-ss1.gif

    Paul