What do you think of this $199 surround system?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ollie T, Apr 9, 2004.

  1. Ollie T

    Ollie T Guest

    For $199 what do you think?

    SONY HT-DDW660 -- This 420-watt Home Theater System delivers a cinematic
    experience in your home, without crowding you out of the room!
    Four powered satellite speakers (70 watts each) immerse you in movie or
    multi-track music audio
    100-watt slim center speaker delivers every bit of dialogue, down to
    whispers
    8-inch subwoofer fills out the low end of the sonic spectrum, from drums to
    bombs
    Integrates state-of-the-art surround decoding: Dolby Digital, dts, Dolby Pro
    Logic
    Transform your soundscape with 32-bit Digital signal processing
    Connects easily to digital cable boxes, satellite boxes, HDTV set top boxes,
    Playstation 2 and other game systems (with optical output)
    Receiver section: 70 Watts x 2 (8 ohms 40Hz - 20kHz, 0.09% THD)
    Tuner with 20 FM + 10 AM Station presets
    Inputs: 1 Coaxial & 1 Optical Digital, 2 Analog Audio
    Outputs: Headphone jack (1/4"), 1 Analog Audio
    Includes Remote Commander(R) Remote Control, Speaker Cables, Mono RCA Cord,
    Coaxial Digital RCA Cord

    I like that it includes DD, DTS and PLII. You think this would be enough for
    a standard bed room sized room? Anybody have one? Opinions please

    Ollie T, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Ollie T

    Rich Clark Guest

    It will sound like a set of cheap computer speakers, except with five
    channels.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Ollie T

    luminos Guest

    I know someone who has this. This is fine for a bedroom sized
    setup...certainly inadequate for anything more demanding.

    luminos, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Ollie T

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Keep in mind it will never produce 420 watts. You'll be lucky to get 20
    actual watts out of the whole thing.

    Pug Fugley, Apr 11, 2004