    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No, he was insulting YOU unholy. You have an unhealthy obsession with Sunbeam products. Slightly off topic, I notice we now have a Gallery. :)

    XhArD, Mar 2, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I wasn't dissing Sunbeam in any way. Unholy is paranoid....

    By the way, I click on the links in the new gallery and get missing page stuff. I guess it isn't quite ready for uploading.

    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
    bigal, Mar 2, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmm, if you read it the way Unholy does, it sounds like I'm insulting Australia. :)

    Neither is true, I'm not insulting anyone, just pointing out that you, as Al said, have this obsession with Sunbeam products. You're like their spokesman or something. Just today you plugged a sunbeam fan controller on Think for a guy who wanted info. Did you even think about other products?

    Sometimes I wonder, is it possible that Unholy secretly works for Sunbeam as a product spokesman but doesn't want to admit it?

    The Modfather, Mar 2, 2006
  4. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Modfather.... Are you really tired or something? Who in their right mind would EVER hire Unholy to speak/advertise ANYTHING, except maybe rat poison? He could be the spokesperson there, get him to test it out first :p

    XhArD, Mar 2, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You do have a point X, and yes, very tired, been under the weather. That must explain it.

    Then again, think about it, they're Taiwaneese, read the manuals of any Taiwaneese product, doesn't it read like one of Unholy's posts? Coincidence? I think not.

    The Modfather, Mar 3, 2006
  6. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Just cause i made their site doesn't mean u can insult me :p

    Just joking.

    By the way i am not very happen with sunbeam atm...

    ARGH the same model power supply blew AGAIN AT A LAN!!!!

    unholy, Mar 5, 2006
  7. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You blew out a PSU for a 2nd time? Sounds like you need a higher capacity PSU. What model has been giving you problems?

    bigal, Mar 5, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Or maybe just one not made by Sunboom! :)

    The Modfather, Mar 5, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Yer sunboom never was good at making power supplys, but sunbeam seems alright i mean they didn't even make the main internals, the transformers are made by some other company.

    unholy, Mar 6, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Of course they are, 9/10ths of PSU's on the market aren't actually made by the brand that puts them out. It's like most audio electronics. If it's from Japan its guts are one of two types, Matsushita or another higher end brand.

    The Modfather, Mar 6, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    You get that, so technically its not Sunbeams fault, because theres no way to determine if the power supply will Blow (like how mine did) cause it was fine for the first 1-2 months i had it.

    unholy, Mar 7, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can determine by the fact that it's a Sunbeam that it's going to use the cheapest components, so that should give you an idea that it's NOT the best PSU for the money.

    The Modfather, Mar 9, 2006
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Actually they had the power supply deisgned specifically for this psu, maybey they can get hands on good parts in china. Has to be el Cheapo, unless they order from USA or something.

    unholy, Mar 9, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Likely they get them from Japan, or yeah, they're probably going to be pretty junky. China isn't well known for its good electronics.

    The Modfather, Mar 10, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Terrible news update! Stapletron is gone!

    Tom just told me that his stapler art work was tossed in the trash at school. His teacher had asked him to take it home, but he already had something to take home that day so he said he would get it at the next class. Well, some idiot threw it out. He even searched the dumpster, but it was gone. So much for my Stapletron project!!!!! :-(

    [​IMG]

    Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
    bigal, Apr 16, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    *crys for poor stapletron*... we must avenge his death, prepare your pitch forks and laser guided cd's! (or dremels)

    unholy, Apr 17, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    DAMN THEM! DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!

    Those damn dirty apes!!! They blew it up! You DAMN DIRTY APES YOU BLEW IT UP!!!

    <Ahem> er, yeah, we'll need to go and do something very awful to those people. Don't they realize that you DO NOT THROW OUT SOMEONE ELSE'S ART! NO MATTER WHAT!!

    If I were your son I would be so pissed off I'd be switching schools tomorrow, that's terrible. They should be held accountable, you should go up to the school and read them the riot act. Throwing out someone's artwork? That should be a criminal offense.

    Does his school have a website? Administrative email addresses? Post 'em, we'll e-mail our complaints about this shitty act.

    The Modfather, Apr 17, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Tom's not upset enough to do anything about it. We have pictures of what could have been. At least he got credit for doing the project. It's water under the bridge now. Let it go. Let it go.....

    bigal, Apr 17, 2006
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    NO! We must avenge the Stapletron DAMNIT! Don't let it die like this! Blood must be shed, virgins must be sacrificed, villages must be looted!!!

    The Modfather, Apr 17, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Did you get enough sleep last night? Too much ham for Easter dinner perhaps?

    bigal, Apr 17, 2006