    hi
    is there a home theatre pc?
    thanks

    Jimmy, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Jimmy

    Evan Platt Guest

    Depends on what 'plasma' you have. What connectors?

    Evan Platt, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:11:21 -0700, Evan Platt

    i have the 50 inch panasonic
    i heard there was a computer low rider type
    that has dvd and all the video and components ready for internet on
    the plasma?

    Jimmy, Sep 3, 2005
  4. Jimmy

    Ron Martell Guest

    It depends quite a bit on your specific plasma TV, and what video
    resolution it will support. Most of the large screen TVs are
    actually quite low resolution, much less than a monitor. 1024 x 768
    is considered high resolution for a plasma TV, and there are many
    models which will not support this.

    The Panasonic TH-50PX50U 50 inch plasma does support 1366 x 768
    resolution which is good for HDTV but is not a standard PC
    configuration. You would have to use 1024 x 768 resolution, which it
    also supports. It does not have a PC input connector so you would
    need a video card in your computer that produces S-Video or Component
    Video (3 cables) output.

    The Panasonic TH-50PX500U, also a 50 inch plasma, has the same
    resolution and also has a PC input connector so it can be hooked
    directly to the computer's monitor port.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP