    Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will not
    allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
    Guess he wants a free service!

    David, Dec 17, 2006

  2. David

    Whiskers Guest

    I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are plenty
    of public news-servers available. Start here
    <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.

    The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.

    Whiskers, Dec 17, 2006

  3. David

    john sumner Guest

    john sumner, Dec 17, 2006
  4. David

    john sumner Guest

    john sumner, Dec 17, 2006
  5. http://news.aioe.org/

    Simply enter in nntp.aioe.org as the host name in whatever newsreader
    you happen to be using, download list of available groups and Usenet
    away all that you like, no password or user name required. No
    binaries, strictly text based groups.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 17, 2006
  6. David

    Pennywise Guest

    It comes to $13 dollars today, I use http://www.individual.net/ and
    have never had any problems - very good at spam blocking as well.

    Pennywise, Dec 17, 2006
  7. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Dec 17, 2006