    $1,499, or those which may include a couple Canon IS lenses at low prices in a
    "kit."

    Jerry

    Jerry Shaw, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Jerry Shaw

    RacerX Guest

    A quick search of froogle showed $1109 as the cheapest and $1499 as the
    cheapest from a reputable seller, so take your chances if yah want to. I
    know someone when i was in Iraq a few months ago who ordered a Fuji S7000
    for $330 and they have emailed him for 3 months trying to get him to buy
    this upgrade filter and tripod and blah blah blah for an extra $300. They
    still havent mailed him his camera and keep saying we want to get all the
    stuff into one shipment and want to make sure you get everything you need
    not want hahahahaha. So be careful!!

    Racer

    RacerX, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Jerry Shaw

    GT40 Guest

    Most list price is $1499, but you can get it for less. I am a member
    of a website where 3 major online camera stores sponser, and they give
    big discounts to members of the site.

    GT40, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Jerry Shaw

    J. D. Guest

    paid full price for the 18-55 kit, $1599.00 at a local camera store.

    If you find a 20D for $975.00 or anywhere close, it's probably a scam, or
    you'll have to buy all the standard accessories it supposed to come with.

    Jay

    J. D., Oct 31, 2004
  5. Jerry Shaw

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    $1499 is list. A bit lower ($1300 or so) is normal on line. Watch out
    for any price that is much lower: You may not like the result.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Jerry Shaw

    John Doe Guest

    After comparing prices online and at my local store I went local because the
    price was the same $1499.00 with the 18-55 lens which I really like. I then
    bought two lenses extra one of eBay and a remanufactured one from B&H. I
    also bought a 2GB Microdrive and 2 1 GB CF cards one Lexar and one SanDisk.
    I also bought a camera bag for all of it. In the end I spent a little under
    $2000. I also later bought a 2 year extended warranty from the store I
    bought it from for $150. It isn't a Mack warranty (they have had too many
    problems with them and so they offer their own warranty).

    There a few annoying bugs in some 20D's. I have no doubt they will get
    fixed. However, the camera is awesome and the quality, features, resolution
    and low noise in the images can't be beat.

    John

    John Doe, Oct 31, 2004
  7. Jerry Shaw

    Jerry Shaw Guest

    Thanks to all.

    Jay,

    I was online, and see the same kit for the same price. It is from Ritz Camera,
    which I trust. And, they pay both shipping and California tax (California
    sometimes goes after those who haven't paid taxes, even if they bought
    out-of-state).

    I may look for some other stores that I've heard about, to see if they can
    beat that price by a hundred or more. If not, I'll go with Ritz.

    Jerry

    Jerry Shaw, Nov 2, 2004
  8. Jerry Shaw

    GT40 Guest

    Ritz camera... STAY AWAY!!

    GT40, Nov 2, 2004
  9. Jerry Shaw

    Skip M Guest

    Ritz isn't generally the first choice for merchandise around here. Try B&H,
    Adorama Samy's or Calumet, though you'll end up paying sales tax with
    Calumet and Samy's, since they have locations in CA.

    Skip M, Nov 2, 2004
  10. Jerry Shaw

    Confused Guest

    Samys is well known for selling open box products as new, and has lost
    their good reputation among long term customers.

    Jeff

    Confused, Nov 2, 2004
  11. Jerry Shaw

    Skip M Guest

    Hadn't heard that...

    Skip M, Nov 2, 2004
  12. Jerry Shaw

    DDDD Guest

    Has anyone bought from pcRUSH.com? They have a 5 star rating on dpreview,
    who I respect, but I would guess that anyone can be compromised.

    Don Dunlap

    DDDD, Nov 2, 2004
  13. does anyone know the cost of the new fuji s3?

    Sam Henderson, Nov 2, 2004
  14. Jerry Shaw

    Jerry Shaw Guest

    Jerry Shaw, Nov 3, 2004
  15. I've seen current prices on the Net from $975 to $1,900, with the
    It's hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't buy from B&H or Amazon.
    Really. They have fair prices, good customer service, and honest
    workers. (From my experience, B&H knows more about cameras, and
    Amazon is easier on-line.) I would never take a change on anyone
    offering a camera for less than B&H's or Amazon's price. There has to
    be a catch.

    -Joel

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Dec 3, 2004
  16. To make returns or exchanges easier I say buying locally is always the best
    choice, unless unreasonably priced or your looking to skip sales tax. A
    local store is having a 'we'll pay the tax' sale this week at the same
    prices as B&H. Not to mention the better photo stores will offer great, free
    advice. I'm considering buying the 20D and not waiting until I have enough
    for a 1D MkII.

    you know who maybe, Dec 3, 2004
  17. Jerry Shaw

    Art Salmons Guest

    I just bought mine from B&H and it was here in 3 days. I've done a lot
    of business with them over the years and I have never had a problem. I
    did have problems a long time ago with Abe's. I bought from Camera
    World for long time ago but since they were bought there prices are
    higher and I wouldn't go near them.

    Art

    Art Salmons, Dec 3, 2004