  1. Edge

    -------> Ian Guest

    No need. I'll take your word for it.

    -------> Ian, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Hey Trent, I'm posting and reading through my Giganews account and even
    though you cancelled the message with them, the message is still here:

    From: Trent© <>
    Newsgroups: alt.computer
    Subject: Re: What Determines When a Message on a NG is Deleted?
    Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:50:05 -0500

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    I don't understand what you are laughing at. Clarify?

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Edge

    Trent© Guest

    You need to delete all the messages on your computer...clear all your
    caches...reset your headers...and then get all messages for this
    group.

    And I'm not sure even THAT will work for you if yer gettin' a sub-feed
    to Giganews thru Comcast.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!

    Trent©, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Trent, a feed of Giganews through comcast won't change anything, it still
    accesses the backend servers.

    No, I don't need to delete anything, as I had to pull everything fresh as
    alt.computer isn't even in my subscribed list on Giganews. Your message is
    still on their servers.

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Edge

    Trent© Guest

    Sure...but on a different time frame.
    I'll try to clean out a hard drive today and check it.

    Do you get your news directly from Giganews?...or is it a sub-feed
    thru Comcast servers? I'm guessing it must be a sub-feed...and that
    they're paying GN for so many bytes to be distributed over all their
    customers.

    Trent©, Jan 22, 2004
  7. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    It is not a sub feed. Comcast does not run their own servers anymore
    (outside of the old ATTBI ones that are going down soon anyway).

    Is it that difficult for you to tell agent to download that article again?

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Edge

    Trent© Guest

    Yes. Because of my cache...and my header tally...it won't take me to
    that message. It simply takes me to my cache.

    I need to work from a clean drive...and I don't have the time right
    now. I'm workin' on an important rollout...and probably won't have
    the time 'till the middle of next week.

    Trent©, Jan 23, 2004
  9. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Are you saying Agent is so archiac it has no method to clear it's cache?
    Doesn't matter one bit, as with no cache you will /still/ pull the article,
    as Giganews does not process cancels.

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 23, 2004