    Ralph Mann Guest

    Just Taylor said:
    LOL, I wouldn't queue in a bank if you paid me :)

    Ralph Mann, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Trevor Smith

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Ralph Mann said:
    Ignore that remark, I have had copious amounts of alkerholl.
    ;-)

    Ralph Mann, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Trevor Smith

    bb3 Guest

    Hell...I was just looking for the easiest way to do it. This thread
    makes my head hurt.

    bb3, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Trevor Smith

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    Find a lady and see what happens :)
    Thursday, but I'm no mathematician

    [ Doc Jeff ], Nov 6, 2003
  5. Trevor Smith

    Giovanni Guest

    Yes, of course it's about the total amount of days elapsed by Jan. 1st
    1,000,000 but to calculate the amount of days you NEED to know how many
    days there are in a year. If that changes (and it will!) then your
    calculation falls flat.

    Giovanni, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Trevor Smith

    Trent C Guest

    Got this email from a boffin at NPL, and I post it here to close the
    argument. After all those discussions and mathematical formulae, we
    completely ignored a really basic question!

    Ralph, I really enjoyed the challenge - hope you did too.

    ------------------------------

    "The Gregorian Calendar repeats itself every 400 years.
    1,000,000 A.D. is an integral number of 400-year intervals from 2000
    A.D, so its days of the week will be the same.
    1st January 1,000,000 A.D. will be a Saturday.
    Hope that helps!
    Matthew Harper
    Ultrafast Measurements
    Centre for Electromagnetic and Time Metrology
    National Physical Laboratory"

    Trent C, Nov 7, 2003