    at first. Anyway I was wondering what codec to use to obtain the best
    quality audio. I have a choice of G.711u, G729 and G7.11a.
    Thanks in advance.

    Phil, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In order, G711a, G711u (although there's not a lot to choose between them)
    and G729.

    For tests please feel free to call my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043
    1320). Note that due to firmware limitations it will cut off after 30
    seconds, nothing I can do about it, sorry..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2006

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Hi Ivor, many thanks for the info, I've set up my router with the codecs in
    that order. Thanks for the speaking clock worked well. Good on ya for
    setting it up.

    Phil, Jun 12, 2006
  4. Phil

    Graham. Guest

    Ms Simmons is sounding in good form today Ivor!

    I would say about 6dB louder than last time I tried.

    Is it my imagination, or have you tweaked her?

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jun 12, 2006
  5. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    No, nothing changed at this end. Maybe they've been doing some tweaking at
    Sipgate..?!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 13, 2006