    title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    Keith, Jun 19, 2009

  2. Keith

    RoyLFuchs Guest

    Columbia Pictures, Used Cars. No, I do not care that you were talking
    about Warner titles.

    RoyLFuchs, Jun 19, 2009

  3. "The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners. Steiner
    score. Florey directs.

    PBT

    Paul B. Thompson, Jun 19, 2009
  4. Unless this is a post from their Run-On Sales Division, I'll stick to
    Warner's *own* polls about which title should surface next on Warner
    Archive, thanks. :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jun 19, 2009
  5. Keith

    MFalc1 Guest

    1. John Boorman's EXCALIBUR
    2. Sam Peckinpah's THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE
    3. Terrence Malick's BADLANDS

    Because they all deserve Blu-Ray treatment.

    Mark L. Falconer
    http://www.poetry-arts-confidential.blogspot.com
    http://www.youtube.com/terrymcca

    MFalc1, Jun 19, 2009
  6. Keith

    Robo-man Guest

    - OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."

    ..

    Robo-man, Jun 19, 2009

  7. Doubtful that any poll actually has an effect on their planning anyway.

    Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers, Jun 20, 2009
  8. It has already been digitized because there is an HD DVD release of it.
    So, it is very likely already on Warner's list, as most of the HD DVD
    library has been re-issued on BD by most of the studios.

    Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers, Jun 20, 2009
  9. Bell, Book, and Candle

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  10. Keith

    Flasherly Guest

    Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)

    Since I don't have a TV, per se, and never got so far past standard
    MPEG2 streaming to 8G industry pressed formats?

    Based on Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer by
    Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine, do you know if it's slanted or
    recommended material, and if it will ever become destined classic
    proportions?

    Flasherly, Jun 20, 2009
  11. No, I only got halfway through the sentence and gave up--
    Forgot to bring a canteen and six days of rations.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jun 20, 2009
  12. Keith

    mikeos Guest

    When I was 12 years old, the TRAILER of that gave me nightmares for a
    couple of days.

    mikeos, Jun 20, 2009
  13. Keith

    Marv Soloff Guest

    I don't know about BluRay, but some 50 libraries across the US have this
    title on VHS. There is also a listing for a DVD, but it appears to not
    have been released.

    Marv

    Marv Soloff, Jun 20, 2009
  14. Keith

    gerry Guest

    A pretentious posting by a teacher wannabe. What are you going to do,
    Keith, grade us on our reasons why? Blu-ray is Sony technology, so
    you can expect it to become worthless, replaced by new and better
    technology. Sony, which two years ago had a potential recall of 25
    million SD DVDs it released with extreme copy protection (the DVDs
    would not work on many DVD players as a result) likes Blu-ray because
    it is hard to copy and not worth the trouble. Earlier BD players had
    problems playing some BD DVDs because the owners had to get upgraded
    firmware to handled changes in the copy protection software.

    Across the board, Sony puts the consumer second as it tries to protect
    its so-called intellectual property. I have a Monopoly CDROM with
    SUREROM software that put a rootkit in my computer, which I could only
    remove before a lawsuit against Sony forced it to put a removal tool
    on the Internet.

    An upconverting DVD player hooked to a flat panel display via HDMI
    input is good enough. And a lot cheaper.

    gerry, Jun 20, 2009
  15. Did you notice my first response where I stated that I don't give a
    damn about what studio a desired and declared title is from?

    There, ASSHOLE, I modified the title for you. The correct response is:

    IFYPFY

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  16. Wow, I cannot even remember the last time I had a VHS player in my
    stack.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  17. Keith

    RCE Defiant Guest

    What's VHS?

    RCE Defiant, Jun 20, 2009

  18. Nowadays? Virtual High Society on some lame gathering forum like
    "Life" or such.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  19. Keith

    william Guest

    It's a playback system that allows you to watch "Greed" or "Prospero's
    Books" and other films that never made it to DVD. There are "fake"
    DVDs that are made from these VHS originals. If I find a $2 used VHS
    of a movie I've never seen -- and in NYC thousands are available --
    I'll get it to see if I want to sink real money in a DVD. Seen some
    real dogs but at least they're not sitting on my DVD shelves laughing
    at me.

    William
    www.williamahearn.com

    william, Jun 20, 2009
  20. Keith

    Jim Beaver Guest

    No, I didn't. I was trying to help you get helpful responses, you pissy
    little twat. I won't make that mistake again.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Jun 20, 2009