What cisco voip devices

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by prime, May 11, 2006.

  1. prime

    prime

    Joined:
    May 11, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    Can someone please help me out with the choice of a Cisco device(s)?

    A number of switch-based carriers and consumer VoIP service providers want to terminate their international calls. I have been asked to recommend a VOIP solutions that would make this happen. I am new to the voice side of Cisco so any help to a newcomer will be greatly appreciated.

    What I am trying to find out is what I need to make this happen. My main concern is the capacity. Volumes range from a few 64k links to 100 E1 circuits.

    What is required to allow the carriers to terminate traffic with us?
    What Cisco voice devices do I need to get this working i.e. gate keepers, gateways etc
    -Carriers will all be coming in VOIP and a few SS7
    - What gateway handle up to 100 E1's (calculated by approx 300,000 voice minutes per E1)?
    -Compatible with all voice protocols (H323,SIP,MGCP..)
    -Any hiccups I must be made aware of.

    Thanks in advance.

    Prime

    prime, May 11, 2006