    Otherwise I'll just use a fast-drying solvent and possibly experiment with
    wetting agents if needed.

    thanks

    Doug Smith, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Doug Smith

    frederick Guest

    Eclipse - Methanol. Why would you need to add a wetting agent?
    Isopropynol works fine. Methanol evaporates a bit faster. High purity
    is needed - so no residues, but commercial "100%" seems fine.
    It isn't going on the CCD - it's going on the low pass filter. Avoid
    any strong solvents - there's glues and plastic compounds in there.
    Heed the warnings not to overdo it on quantity, and to let it soak in /
    dry out a bit on the swab before wiping the sensor. If you apply too
    much and swab it around all over the place, then you might end up with
    it seeping behind the low pass filter, and then you really will have a
    problam.

    frederick, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Alcohols and ammonia based solvents (Windex!) are pretty much
    the basics.

    If you have anhydrous methanol, that should be ideal!
    Otherwise, with any of the alcohols the less water the better,
    as that is what leaves a residue.

    Floyd Davidson, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Doug Smith

    Doug Smith Guest

    I can actually do better than that, I have anhydrous pure-grain ethanol. I
    just need to make sure of the order: swab first, then drink.

    thanks for the feedback!

    Doug Smith, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Doug Smith

    ASAAR Guest

    Are you sure that you want to drink it? I thought that that was
    an oxydizing agent unless it contains some water. If so, it would
    be safer to gargle with hot sauce made from habaƱero peppers. :)

    ASAAR, Feb 22, 2006